Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #14,491 of 41,293
Elaborate. Ive never had a chance to listen to a cavalli but I've read mixed reviews.

I've never heard a Woo that stands anywhere near a Cavalli amp (dynamics, haven't heard a Woo stat amp) sound wise. Build is another story, but Alex has fixed the shortcomings of his previous models builds.

Edit: Don't get me wrong I like Woo amps, but CA stuff is just in another league sound wise (price wise, too, ouch).

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #14,492 of 41,293
Quote:
Quote:

bigsmile_face.gif

So you've got em! Goergous and even nicer with the black pads, how they sounding??  

They sound amazing, but its a very uninvolving sound. I hope it changes.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #14,494 of 41,293
Aug 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #14,498 of 41,293
Quote:

That may be just you getting accustomed to the beyer sound. Especially the DT880 as it is probably the most balanced. It's a brilliant headphone for detail and neutrality but if you are used to the 650's that I see in your sig, then they will defo sound drier and less involving. They do pair well with tube amps it has to be said. The Little Dot III is supposedly a good match. 

Aug 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #14,500 of 41,293
Quote:
Finally, everything's in place... Complete HEED AUDIO stereo with obelisk SI + X2 + PX + DA + CANALOT head amp (and xtz 99.26mkii + xtz w10.17p speakers). I'm a very happy bunny right now :D

*Jaw Drop*

You should also post this is in the Summit-Fi Pic thread, I'm sure many will enjoy it there too. 

Aug 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #14,501 of 41,293
Thank you Greed. For every person who'd enjoy it there would probably be another person annoyed the picture is posted in two places so the summit-fi gang will just have to go slumming and visit the rest of us if they want a peek
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #14,503 of 41,293
Quote:
Finally, everything's in place... Complete HEED AUDIO stereo with obelisk SI + X2 + PX + DA + CANALOT head amp (and xtz 99.26mkii + xtz w10.17p speakers). I'm a very happy bunny right now :D

That's a very impressive dedicated room, and a really cool shelf for your equipment.

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #14,504 of 41,293
Quote:
Quote:
Its very dry.

Can't be as dry as an AKG K702, can it?

Never heard it so I cannot comment.

Quote:
Quote:

That may be just you getting accustomed to the beyer sound. Especially the DT880 as it is probably the most balanced. It's a brilliant headphone for detail and neutrality but if you are used to the 650's that I see in your sig, then they will defo sound drier and less involving. They do pair well with tube amps it has to be said. The Little Dot III is supposedly a good match. 

My Paradox is far more neutral(the wood brought out the bass of the DT880, and even regularly, the Paradox is more neutral than the DT880.) and the Paradox is 10x more involving.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #14,505 of 41,293
@TUS-CAN: It looks more expencive than it really is, lets just leave it at that :wink:

@SS-ROCK64: Thank you. The table all the components are standing on is just that: a table, a livingroom table. I stumbled across it looking for a real hifi-rack. Couldn't belive my own luck when I found it. Only cost the same as a hifiman he-400 aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back