Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #14,071 of 41,293

Happiness is not that far away from my reach.

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #14,072 of 41,293
Quote:
Never owned it, but I spent a lot of time with it at my dealers with my MBPro and Amarra and my HD650's...So it was the only new thing in the chain. at its price point it is a nice DAC. However, I found the W4S to have a much better all around sound. Better bass and I definitely preferred the mids. It should outperform given the price difference. This is certainly not a slam on the rdac. I simply went upscale....

I don't believe you. 
size]

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #14,073 of 41,293
Quote:

Happiness is not that far away from my reach.

Judging from your pic, I would have to agree, especially with that bottle smack in the middle.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #14,075 of 41,293
Quote:

Upgraded the amp a bit. My only regret is now that the DAC/power supplier isn't black.
frown.gif

It still looks grrrrrreat!

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #14,077 of 41,293
Quote:
Quote:
Never owned it, but I spent a lot of time with it at my dealers with my MBPro and Amarra and my HD650's...So it was the only new thing in the chain. at its price point it is a nice DAC. However, I found the W4S to have a much better all around sound. Better bass and I definitely preferred the mids. It should outperform given the price difference. This is certainly not a slam on the rdac. I simply went upscale....

I don't believe you. 
size]

(Darth Vader Emoticon) "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."   
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #14,078 of 41,293
I intended to quote Mad Dude's post about his ESP, but for some reason the editor isn't loading correctly. The ESP950 is my most-used headphone, no matter how technically inferior it may be to other modern electrostats or even current orthos. I love the pictures! send me a PM if you ever decide you want to sell them again; I could always use a backup pair as mine ages.

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #14,079 of 41,293
Quote:
My current listening station, along with two of my favourite headphones:

I keep changing my mind about the ESP-950 - several times now I've decided that it's not getting enough use to justify keeping it, but then every time I put this thing on my head I realize how great they are, and that selling them would be an incredibly stupid idea.
biggrin.gif

I sold mine and regret it every damn day.

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #14,080 of 41,293
I'm having to house sit for 3 weeks so I packed the digital side of my rig and found a corner in my friends' (much quieter) house.  More Decware!

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #14,081 of 41,293
Quote:
My latest bedside rig configuration.  Fostex T50RP (self-modified), ancient Sony Discman (sounda great), equalizer, and the venerable Asgard 1.

Thread title says "no old pictures", but I guess I still can quote my old post... :wink:

Quote:
Not exactly the newest photo, not full rig, but still part of my "collection".[..] That's what you call "classic" (at least in "portable", heh)! :wink:

r0hUv.jpg

The Portas aren't as old as the player, though. :p

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #14,082 of 41,293
I'm sure that combo has brought years of enjoyment!

Quote:
Thread title says "no old pictures", but I guess I still can quote my old post... :wink:

The Portas aren't as old as the player, though. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back