Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #14,101 of 41,463
Quote:

Super quick picture of current setup. FLAC>E7>SR-80i with black cherry cups courtesy of 7Keys.

LOVING IT.

Hey, that's a good looking USB Hub you have there! 
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #14,103 of 41,463
Jul 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #14,105 of 41,463
Quote:
My rig as it is currently:

Nobody saw this one? Anyways, beautiful setup!! I love the cable, where is the cable from? Or is it your own creation?

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #14,109 of 41,463
Nobody saw this one? Anyways, beautiful setup!! I love the cable, where is the cable from? Or is it your own creation?

Wolfetan, thanks! The cable is from Artemis Audio, not as widely known as the likes of ALO, Moon Audio, etc. Looks awesome in person, sounds significantly better than stock, and didn't cost me an arm and a leg!

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #14,110 of 41,463
Thing is gents, the Debut III is $300 on amazon whereas the Carbon is $400. I'm already stretching my budget to fit the Debut III :xf_eek:

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #14,112 of 41,463
Quote:
Thing is gents, the Debut III is $300 on amazon whereas the Carbon is $400. I'm already stretching my budget to fit the Debut III
redface.gif

I think the Debut III is discontinued and the entry Pro-ject is now the Essential ($299), which is a very different design from the Debut.
I would choose a Debut III over the new Essential at the same price.

Buy what you can afford and enjoy it. 
If you enjoy it you will eventually want to upgrade the cartridge, like Sam...
beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #14,113 of 41,463
The Debut III might be discontinued but it's still selling on amazon :D

If I cat get one of those by the time I've got the money, I'll get a MusicHall USB-1 probably. Or ask around :D

-edit-
Just to let y'all know, it's my goal to, by Christmas, have a Pro Ject Debut III table (or similar) and a Grado Black cartridge. How does the Grado cartridge compare to the stock cart on the Pro Ject?

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #14,114 of 41,463
Quote:
The Debut III might be discontinued but it's still selling on amazon
biggrin.gif

If I cat get one of those by the time I've got the money, I'll get a MusicHall USB-1 probably. Or ask around
biggrin.gif

Quote:
The Debut III might be discontinued but it's still selling on amazon
biggrin.gif

If I cat get one of those by the time I've got the money, I'll get a MusicHall USB-1 probably. Or ask around
biggrin.gif

I would save up for (or buy used) any Rega instead. MUCH better tone arms and models with non 24V motor don't need a wall wort! Regas are also a lot of fun to modify. The RP1 even has a trick resin platter that may replace the glass platters in some higher models.
Since this is a show your station thread, mine has a modified Rega P2 > Pioneer SA-7100

It's worth it to invest in a good cartridge and compatible phono pre-amp.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #14,115 of 41,463
I'll think about that. I've also got to consider the fact that I don't make TOO much money (I work at McDonalds for Petes sake), and I have to pay for a car, and I'd also like to get much nicer speakers, I'm really looking for something under $350, that I can plug right into my receiver and get good sound out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back