Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #13,501 of 41,109
Umm...welcome to headfi!! 
size]

May 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #13,502 of 41,109
So, I wanted to say I'm quite overwhelmed with the response that I've received to the pictures I've posted. Because there is so much interest, I'm going to spend some time figuring out the feasibility of making a number of these. Please keep in mind that these (both the stand and the skull) are quite labor intensive, so these are not something that can be knocked out in a weekend. When I have a better idea of what will be involved (time, money, etc.), I'll probably start a new thread w/ more details.

I also wanted to address this particular post.
Quote:
Beautiful. But have a think about it guys... It will work with light Grado's but try balancing an LCD2 for e.g on there...? The headband would also need support and would have to rest on the actual head.. 
+1  One gorgeous space.

I actually dealt w/ this particular issue, when doing the original mock-ups. In the end, I decided to go w/ a "clean" look on the end plates for the skull, but you can see from the picture that this is something that can certainly be dealt w/ down the road.

Ignore the orange. It was, after all, a mock-up.

Anyway, thank you for all the great compliments!

And in the interest of keeping this thread on track, here is a quick shot of a little station I set up in the corner of the bedroom a while back.

May 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #13,503 of 41,109
Quote:
So, I wanted to say I'm quite overwhelmed with the response that I've received to the pictures I've posted. Because there is so much interest, I'm going to spend some time figuring out the feasibility of making a number of these. Please keep in mind that these (both the stand and the skull) are quite labor intensive, so these are not something that can be knocked out in a weekend. When I have a better idea of what will be involved (time, money, etc.), I'll probably start a new thread w/ more details.

I also wanted to address this particular post.
Quote:
Beautiful. But have a think about it guys... It will work with light Grado's but try balancing an LCD2 for e.g on there...? The headband would also need support and would have to rest on the actual head.. 
+1  One gorgeous space.

I actually dealt w/ this particular issue, when doing the original mock-ups. In the end, I decided to go w/ a "clean" look on the end plates for the skull, but you can see from the picture that this is something that can certainly be dealt w/ down the road.

Ignore the orange. It was, after all, a mock-up.

Anyway, thank you for all the great compliments!

And in the interest of keeping this thread on track, here is a quick shot of a little station I set up in the corner of the bedroom a while back.

eek.gif
 Put me first on the list!!

May 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #13,507 of 41,109
Quote:
I'd start by filing copyright on those designs asap. They really are brilliant.

OT: Not a "copyright" but a patent.  The unique design element is the shape of the bottom of the stand and it's utility towards holding/storing the coiled-up cable.  I've never seen anything like that and I would anticipate a competent patent attorney or agent would be file something that would likely be awarded.  Gather up any notes, drawings, e-mails, whatever that describe the stand, find an agent and file.  Now that you are showing these publically, you have 1 year to file before your opportunity to do so expires.

Just trying to help...

May 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #13,509 of 41,109
Quote:

OT: Not a "copyright" but a patent.  The unique design element is the shape of the bottom of the stand and it's utility towards holding/storing the coiled-up cable.  I've never seen anything like that and I would anticipate a competent patent attorney or agent would be file something that would likely be awarded.  Gather up any notes, drawings, e-mails, whatever that describe the stand, find an agent and file.  Now that you are showing these publically, you have 1 year to file before your opportunity to do so expires.

Just trying to help...

You can assert copyright quickly and cheaply and file for patent later. Should the design appear elsewhere the copyright is usually enough to protect an intellectual property.

May 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #13,510 of 41,109
Quote:
You can assert copyright quickly and cheaply and file for patent later. Should the design appear elsewhere the copyright is usually enough to protect an intellectual property.

Well, I respectfully disagree; a technical design for an invention is something that must be patented, not copyrighted.  The cable storage area is an example of a technical design, even though there is an artistic element to the stand.

May 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #13,512 of 41,109
Yeah and better do it now rather than later or else you're going to be seeing other diy'ers or even some small audio company releasing an identical stand to the one's you and your friend made.

May 18, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #13,513 of 41,109
I'm sure he wouldn't mind seeing other DIY-ers having a go so long as they weren't profiting from it.

Stunning stands though!

Edit: Agree with Silent One, how about a new thread for the stands?

May 18, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #13,514 of 41,109
Suggestion: from here, we might want to continue slinging info back-and-forth on those gorgeous stands on the "PM" side before someone bringeth the hammer! 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back