Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #13,068 of 41,133
Finally, I've got my whole headphone system up and running. I couldn't have done it without all of your help my dear Head-Fiers. Thank you!

Top to bottom:
Densen B-410 CD player
Woo Audio WA6SE (Amperex 6EM7, Sophia Princess 274B)
Sennheiser HD 800 (w/ Cardas Clear) & HD 650 (w/ SAA E-Series)

I'm still using a temporary Hi-Fi cart solution. That being said, I do very much like the flexibility of being able to move my system around (I can easily hook my headphone system up to my Naim DAC or just move the whole system to another room).

Inside sideboard, top to bottom:
Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray player
Densen B-110 amplifier
Naim DAC
Mac mini
Set-top box

Also pictured:
Verity Rienzi loudspeakers
MJ Acoustics Reference 100 MkII subwoofer

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #13,070 of 41,133
Quote:
Finally, I've got my whole headphone system up and running. I couldn't have done it without all of your help my dear Head-Fiers. Thank you!

Top to bottom:
Densen B-410 CD player
Woo Audio WA6SE (Amperex 6EM7, Sophia Princess 274B)
Sennheiser HD 800 (w/ Cardas Clear) & HD 650 (w/ SAA E-Series)

I'm still using a temporary Hi-Fi cart solution. That being said, I do very much like the flexibility of being
able to move my system around (I can easily hook my headphone system up to my Naim DAC
or just move the whole system to another room).

Inside sideboard, top to bottom:
Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray player
Densen B-110 amplifier
Naim DAC
Mac mini
Set-top box

Also pictured:
Verity Rienzi loudspeakers
MJ Acoustics Reference 100 MkII subwoofer

Do you feel its still worth it to have the HD650 along side the HD800?

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #13,071 of 41,133
Quote:

Very nice. Wouldn't worry about the wheels when using headphones, no need for the damping when not using speakers :)

Also, like the way your plant is lowering its flowers to get in the pic 
size]

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #13,074 of 41,133
Thanks for all the nice comments, folks!

Quote:

The HD 800 is an almost perfect headphone for well-recorded classical music. Its exacting qualities, however, don't jibe very well with a lot of recordings made in the 50s and early 60s. When I'm listening to these older recordings, I tend to prefer the more forgiving HD 650. Also, when listening to jazz, blues or more popular genres, I sometimes prefer the more laid-back presentation offered by the HD 650. So yes, for me at least, it's worth owning both the HD 800 and the HD 650.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #13,075 of 41,133
Quote:

Quote:

The HD 800 is an almost perfect headphone for well-recorded classical music. Its exacting qualities, however, don't jibe very well with a lot of recordings made in the 50s and early 60s. When I'm listening to these older recordings, I tend to prefer the more forgiving HD 650. Also, when listening to jazz, blues or more popular genres, I sometimes prefer the more laid-back presentation offered by the HD 650. So yes, for me at least, it's worth owning both the HD 800 and the HD 650.

Sweet, cool to know. I forgot about the HD800 obliterating bad recordings. I am recieving HD650's next week
size]

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #13,076 of 41,133
Quote:

+1

having owned both, i feel the 650s compliment the hd 800 very well. they're still great sounding headphones that are very forgiving of poor recordings, even more forgiving than audeze lcd-2, even youtube songs sound pretty good out of the hd 650s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back