Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #6,361 of 41,291
Here's the upper parts of my present rig, as pictured on some of the lower parts of my listening room. 
atsmile.gif

May 28, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #6,363 of 41,291
Quote:
My temporary station, hopefully going to move it to a better place soon. And only one amp at the moment, updates are going to be big after the summer :)

(sorry for the crappy photo quality.)

That looks really nice.  Love it!  I have been considering moving away from the "desktop audio experience" so I can not sit in my computer chair all the time.  Thus I have considered investing in a CD Player/DAC unit.
Quote:
Yes they have Paduak woodies and a Beyer headband, nothing much to say soundwise since they are screened. Lookswise it starts looking like the great headphones they truly are. 

I'll say; they look gorgeous!  Must be really comfortable too! :)

May 28, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #6,364 of 41,291
Quote:
That looks really nice.  Love it!  I have been considering moving away from the "desktop audio experience" so I can not sit in my computer chair all the time.  Thus I have considered investing in a CD Player/DAC unit.

Same thing here, hope that i could get a own room for music listening soon. Somehow the focusin to just listening to music would be much easier when you have the own space for it. I really can recommend that Audiolab unit, nothing but good things to say. And imo reasonably priced.

Quote:

What putter is that? 
biggrin.gif

I knew that someone is going to pick this one up :D That is my backup putter, Wilson Staff 8882. The love for the blade putters is almost as crazy as love for the headphones ;D

May 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #6,365 of 41,291
OK, here is today's rig. Sennheiser HD650's stock (Soon to have Toxic Cable 8ft Cryo pure OCC Stranded Silver cables!) Sources are a Mac Mini with Amarra software, USB out with Audioquest USB cable to the Cambridge DAC Magic Plus. Also I can output the Mac Mini via TosLink to the Denon AVR-4311 with it's internal DAC. The CD/DVD-A/SACD player is the Denon DVD-5900 via Denon-Link to the AVR-4311.

Speakers are M&K S-150's (LCR), M&K ss-150's for surrounds with an SVSound PB12+ Sub. The WD HD on the Mac is for Time Machine backup via Firewire. I do NOT want to  lose 300GB of music ripped AIFF. Once was enough!

The road setup is a pair of B&W P5's, my Macbook Pro and the NuForce uDac2.

May 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #6,366 of 41,291
My first audiophile purchase was an E10, but I returned it almost immediately because I learned that the E17 was coming out. Bought an E17 for $140 and used it for about a month, but I recently sold it for $180ish on Amazon and decided to upgrade again. This upgrade cost me a pretty penny... don't think I will be sinking any more $$ into this hobby any time soon.

FYI, I don't really use my Logitech Z2300 desktop speakers anymore. The amp is sitting on top of my old desktop tower that I don't really use anymore either. And although you can see Foobar open on my laptop, I have since switched to MusicBee (due to issues with Foobar's WASAPI plugin).

Not sure how I would connect my M-Stage to my Logitech Z2300 even if I wanted to (anybody have any ideas?). The Logitechs have this input mini-jack that I would normally plug into my laptop's headphone jack... maybe I could use the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter that came with my Q701... or would I need to use the RCA output on the back of the amp and somehow connect it to my Logitech Z2300 with some specific adapter/cable?

May 28, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #6,367 of 41,291
Quote:
Not sure how I would connect my M-Stage to my Logitech Z2300 even if I wanted to (anybody have any ideas?). The Logitechs have this input mini-jack that I would normally plug into my laptop's headphone jack... maybe I could use the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter that came with my Q701... or would I need to use the RCA output on the back of the amp and somehow connect it to my Logitech Z2300 with some specific adapter/cable?

You need a female 1/4th to male RCA.  

May 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #6,369 of 41,291
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, dagothur. Do you mean female 1/8" to male RCA cable/adapter? The Logitech Z2300's input is a mini-jack, like this:

1/8.  Yes.  I was just thinking of the cable I'm using, which has a 1/4th female.

May 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #6,370 of 41,291
AH HA! I just racked my brain and my room... I knew I had seen a cable along these lines about a week or two ago when I was surveying my RCA cable... and I just found it, still in its plastic wrapper... turns out it's a FEMALE rca to female 3.5mm cable, though...

So maybe I'll do this: Matrix M-Stage's output --> male RCA to male RCA --> female RCA to female 3.5mm stereo --> male 3.5mm stereo to Logitech Z2300

lol, hopefully all those cables don't degrade the signal (I ain't too worried since I wouldn't use the desktop speakers much). I just have to figure out where I'm gonna hide all of these cables. Thanks again for your help.

Quote:
1/8.  Yes.  I was just thinking of the cable I'm using, which has a 1/4th female.

May 28, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #6,371 of 41,291
Quote:
OK, here is today's rig. Sennheiser HD650's stock (Soon to have Toxic Cable 8ft Cryo pure OCC Stranded Silver cables!) Sources are a Mac Mini with Amarra software, USB out with Audioquest USB cable to the Cambridge DAC Magic Plus. Also I can output the Mac Mini via TosLink to the Denon AVR-4311 with it's internal DAC. The CD/DVD-A/SACD player is the Denon DVD-5900 via Denon-Link to the AVR-4311.

Speakers are M&K S-150's (LCR), M&K ss-150's for surrounds with an SVSound PB12+ Sub. The WD HD on the Mac is for Time Machine backup via Firewire. I do NOT want to  lose 300GB of music ripped AIFF. Once was enough!

The road setup is a pair of B&W P5's, my Macbook Pro and the NuForce uDac2.

Gotta love SVS products.

How is the sub treating you? I'm looking into an SB-12 NSD sometime this year.

May 28, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #6,372 of 41,291
Man Windsor! I will take anyone of those HP's
beyersmile.png

May 28, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #6,373 of 41,291
Quote:
Man Windsor! I will take anyone of those HP's
beyersmile.png

They're all great! I'm gonna enjoy them when I have them as it probably seems that by the end of this week I'll just have the Senns left. 

May 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #6,374 of 41,291
I did some tweaking over the holiday weekend.  I got a new shelf so I could have all my gear easily accessible.  Behind the computer (out of sight) is the V-DAC II that decodes the songs off the computer as well as my Onkyo CD player.  On the bottom shelf, I have the Asgard stacked on top of a Sony DVD player.  I've tried numerous times to find an amp that drives my DT990/600 better than the Asgard, but I can't.  The Asgard drives them better than the Trafomatic, if you can believe that.  It's just richer and fuller, whereas the Trafomatic leaves it a little lean.

Edit: I'm not sure why the photo below is blurry, but it's clear if you click on it.

May 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #6,375 of 41,291
Quote:
I did some tweaking over the holiday weekend.  I got a new shelf so I could have all my gear easily accessible.  Behind the computer (out of sight) is the V-DAC II that decodes the songs off the computer as well as my Onkyo CD player.  On the bottom shelf, I have the Asgard stacked on top of a Sony DVD player.  I've tried numerous times to find an amp that drives my DT990/600 better than the Asgard, but I can't.  The Asgard drives them better than the Trafomatic, if you can believe that.  It's just richer and fuller, whereas the Trafomatic leaves it a little lean.

Edit: I'm not sure why the photo below is blurry, but it's clear if you click on it.

-snip-

Where did you get that shelf?  I recently inherited a hefty Sony receiver and my desk is starting to get crowded with my speakers and the NFB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back