Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #2,851 of 41,291
It is, indeed, the Pro-Ject RM-1.3.  I don't know if I was sold some snake oil, but I dug that for a slightly inexpensive TT, I got some higher-end(ish) features.  Conical feet, motor that is detached, and it looks kinda purdy.

As far as 32 ohm, I believe you can still visit all of those great people at wherever ALO is now (still in SE Portland).  It is by appointment only, so maybe it's even better.  So the great advice that I got is still available, albeit a little more exclusive now.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #2,852 of 41,291

This is my work listening system:
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1
- iPod dock w/remote (usual source is a 60gig iPod Classic, but my iPhone was sitting in today)
- Beyerdynamic DT770's
- Crossfeed kit (housed in the red cigar box) from tangentsoft.net

I'm thinking of switching out the A1 for my Littledot MkIII from home... I really don't need the speaker outs from the A1 at work, so I think it's going to become part of my PC audio system at home, and it'll give me more time to listen to the Littledot.  I LOVE the DT770's for work, it keeps the bustle of the office out without having to resort to hazardously high volumes and they're dead quiet for everyone else. (I used to get major complaints about the volume of my music when I was using my Grado's at work).  I'm on the fence about the crossfeed kit... it definitely reduces listening strain, but at the cost of muddying up the sound a bit too much for my taste.

The only thing I'm missing now is an iPod dock that will give me digital out (and a DAC to go with it)  I'm thinking of the Pure doc.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #2,853 of 41,291
Quote:

This is my personal shrine to head-fi.org and the now-gone-to-a-better-place-but-still-sorta-lives-on-through-alo 32 ohm store in my city of Portland, OR.  Somewhere in my research of audio reproduction at home I came across an article by Henry Rollins that was best summed up by a quote somewhere along the lines of "I'm glad I bought the vinyl/lps/records."  My system will keep evolving (mostly due to awesome places like this).  But I am glad I am wasting my money on the vinyl.

Nice little system, so its at the ALO/32 Ohm Audio store now?

Quote:

This is my work listening system:
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1
- iPod dock w/remote (usual source is a 60gig iPod Classic, but my iPhone was sitting in today)
- Beyerdynamic DT770's
- Crossfeed kit (housed in the red cigar box) from tangentsoft.net

I'm thinking of switching out the A1 for my Littledot MkIII from home... I really don't need the speaker outs from the A1 at work, so I think it's going to become part of my PC audio system at home, and it'll give me more time to listen to the Littledot.  I LOVE the DT770's for work, it keeps the bustle of the office out without having to resort to hazardously high volumes and they're dead quiet for everyone else. (I used to get major complaints about the volume of my music when I was using my Grado's at work).  I'm on the fence about the crossfeed kit... it definitely reduces listening strain, but at the cost of muddying up the sound a bit too much for my taste.

The only thing I'm missing now is an iPod dock that will give me digital out (and a DAC to go with it)  I'm thinking of the Pure doc.

I like it, congrats!

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #2,854 of 41,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhildebrand /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really don't need the speaker outs from the A1 at work, so I think it's going to become part of my PC audio system at home

The A1 D1 is a great DAC/amp for a PC audio system, very versatile.

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #2,855 of 41,291
the D1 is the dac/amp combo the A1 is just an amp.

M

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #2,856 of 41,291

Quote:
Nice little system, so its at the ALO/32 Ohm Audio store now?

They closed the old store (32 Ohm) and moved to a different building (ALO). I haven't been there yet (I live 3 hours away) but I understand it is not a storefront open to the public. It's by appointment only and most likely more of a warehouse for their online business. There is a thread here that covered the open house/meet they had a couple months ago...

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #2,857 of 41,291

Quote:
the D1 is the dac/amp combo the A1 is just an amp.

M

Thanks for correcting me. I used to have a D1 and should have kept it, great little piece of kit 
smile.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #2,858 of 41,291
I agree, I had one for a while too. 

M

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #2,859 of 41,291
Update: Got a hook for my extra cable, rearranged a bit.

EDIT: Cables are a mess because of the rearranging. Power conditioner is a Furman M-8x

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #2,860 of 41,291

Quote:
Update: Got a hook for my extra cable, rearranged a bit.

EDIT: Cables are a mess because of the rearranging. Power conditioner is a Furman M-8x

I love the new Mac's. But, what keyboard is that?

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #2,861 of 41,291
It's the 'Logitech Illuminated Keyboard'. I've had it for about 4 years and have 0 problems with it. Soft white backlighting and low profile keys like a laptop. I prefer mechanical keyboards but this one still hasn't died yet and I love it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the new Mac's. But, what keyboard is that?

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #2,863 of 41,291

Quote:
It's the 'Logitech Illuminated Keyboard'. I've had it for about 4 years and have 0 problems with it. Soft white backlighting and low profile keys like a laptop. I prefer mechanical keyboards but this one still hasn't died yet and I love it. 

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back