Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 11, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #2,881 of 41,457
I've had this thing for a few months now and recently moved it to another part of my sound stage but since I don't believe I've ever posted up my other audio hobby here's my wonderful bass thumper.  My non-headphone audio station.

Outlaw LFM-1 EX.  a.k.a. the coffee table lol
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/lfmEX.html

Out with the old 10" and in with the new...

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #2,882 of 41,457
Quote:

That's a good looking table! 
smile.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #2,883 of 41,457

Quote:
I've had this thing for a few months now and recently moved it to another part of my sound stage but since I don't believe I've ever posted up my other audio hobby here's my wonderful bass thumper.  My non-headphone audio station.

Outlaw LFM-1 EX.  a.k.a. the coffee table lol
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/lfmEX.html

Out with the old 10" and in with the new...

MOAR BASS!!! 
L3000.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #2,884 of 41,457
Dec 11, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #2,890 of 41,457
After Christmas, I'm going to be looking to upgrade my overall setup. I currently have a macbook pro and an ipod nano 1st generation. Hopefully I will be getting an ipod classic for christmas but if not its not a big deal. For headphones I have Grado SR-80i with leather headband, holes punched, dyanamat on the driver, and wooden cups. I am looking to buy both a DAC and an amp. I was looking at either the Little Dot MKI or MKII tube amps. How nicely do either of those sound with modified grados? Also should i use an optical cable out of my mac or a LOD out of my ipod? Finally will I need to get a DAC? If so what would you suggest thats fairly cheap (preferably <100 but can go up to 150). Thanks for the help

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #2,891 of 41,457

Quote:
I'd have such a hard time convincing my wife/guests that it is NOT a place to set your drinks/dinner.

I agree and that's why I moved it to the front.  Don't mind the mess of wires I got lazy when I took this photo.

Quote:
Obviously you need another one for the other side of the couch. Then they could be tables...until it shatters someone's glass while watching a movie.

What sub is that exactly?

With the plexiglass top I could use them as tables.  I find it sounds better in the front so I moved it up no more table haha.

I mentioned in my first post up a little bit the model and a link to it.  It's a Outlaw LFM-1 EX.

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #2,892 of 41,457
Quote:
I agree and that's why I moved it to the front.  Don't mind the mess of wires I got lazy when I took this photo.

With the plexiglass top I could use them as tables.  I find it sounds better in the front so I moved it up no more table haha.

I mentioned in my first post up a little bit the model and a link to it.  It's a Outlaw LFM-1 EX.

Great setup! I should possibly consider getting rid of my desk and getting speaker stands, a bigger tv and i can just use that as my monitor.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #2,893 of 41,457

Quote:

Sony SCD-XA3000ES  >>  audio-gd NFB-8.1  >>  Apex Peak and Volcano  >>  Sennheiser HD800

How is the Apex Peak? I have that coming next month and would love to hear exactly what it sounds like. Seems like it would be an awesome amp for both the Sennhesier HD650 and the Sennhesier HD800.

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #2,894 of 41,457
Not the best pictures.  AppleTV2, Cambridge Audio DACMagic, Schiit Valhalla and HD600s w/Moon Audio Blue Dragon.  
The speaker set-up is same AppleTV2, DACMagic, Modded (Tweak-Kit) T-amp, original Paradigm Atoms and all Kimber cables.

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #2,895 of 41,457

Very cool mod!  I would love to hear your impressions on the Valhalla and HD 600 setup.
Quote:
Not the best pictures.  AppleTV2, Cambridge Audio DACMagic, Schiit Valhalla and HD600s w/Moon Audio Blue Dragon.  
The speaker set-up is same AppleTV2, DACMagic, Modded (Tweak-Kit) T-amp, original Paradigm Atoms and all Kimber cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back