Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 9, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #2,866 of 41,462
PC, Streamer II, Meng tube amp, Sr225i awaiting Bowl pads. Really keen on the arrival of the bowls, and when I get some short Audioquest cables I post a photo.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #2,867 of 41,462

Quote:
 my first step...

a very nice step :)

Quote:
PC, Streamer II, Meng tube amp, Sr225i awaiting Bowl pads. Really keen on the arrival of the bowls, and when I get some short Audioquest cables I post a photo.

Wash the bowls when you get them with some soap.. Dry them with a hairdryer, It will make them a bit more comfortable initially. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #2,868 of 41,462
Originally Posted by Killa Sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif

<snip> 

my first step...

What case is that for your iPod?

I have the same case (or at least identical in looks).

I don't know what model it is, but it's not really a good case; I scratched the metal back of the iPod as well as the screen.
It's not the end of the world since I use it for music only, but I still find it ridiculous that an official third party Apple product can damage the iPod.

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #2,869 of 41,462

Quote:
Quite fond of it actually. Musical, neutral and clear. Not as dark and less focussed on the bass as the Audio GD NFB3, I especially like it with the LCD-2s, it's a great match with the Violectric amp.
Full review is due next week :wink:

Can't wait for your review my friend. I'm in the market for a mid range DAC for my Burson amp and an incoming LCD-2. 

If the X-DAC is transparent and detailed then I might get me one of those.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #2,871 of 41,462

Quote:

Thanks for correcting me. I used to have a D1 and should have kept it, great little piece of kit 
smile.gif

I have a D1 at home, it's my home theatre DAC.  It's fed by my Sony Blu-Ray player and media PC, and feeds into my K12G amp and pair of Mordant Short speakers... I'll get pics of that setup posted here soon.  I love the D1, I want to pic up another for my PC at home to match up with the A1.  I've got a pair of Minimus 7's in the PC room that sound great... eventually the PC setup will be PC=>D1=>A1=>Minimus 7's

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #2,875 of 41,462
Yeah. It works fine on both my Mac and PC install. The Mac one just requires you to hold the Function key (Fn).

I can't change songs on my Illuminated. Can you do that?

I do think it requires a component to work with foobar2000. foo_httpcontrol should do it IIRC.
It might work with stock version of fb2k nowadays though.

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #2,879 of 41,462

Quote:
HA! That's the same Sealy Posturpedic desk chair I have.

It's comfy, isn't it? :3 Birthday present from teh momma XD

Quote:
for optimal listening and how to determine a speaker and amps performance i think dead sounding rooms a must. you'll see how the speakers dispersion pattern really is on and off axis and that will determine the height,depth,and width of the ''tweeter's'' soundstage and imaging capabilities. that's why speakers are always tested in anechoic chambers. some people find it bad but i think it's awesome. it just not good at all to play instruments in the room itself since they rely on ''echo'' in the room. but listening to music is different story cause if your speakers and amp are transparent enough it will play the ''room'' it was recorded in so you will hear the recording rooms own reverb and echo,ect. through the speakers without your room adding it's own reflections in the process.
it's not for all of course for everyone but me personally enjoy dead rooms very much. i guess i'm just weird or something.
tongue.gif

fiberglass is cheaper than acoustic foam and will work the same way. it's the thickness of the fiberglass that determines it's absorptive properties. mineral and rock wool works the same way but bit more expensive but it's a trade-off for certain people cause mineral/rock wool is much safer to work with unlike fiberglass. people rather spend the extra for safety reasons. curtains are great like you said as well. carpet is awesome as well and will help absorb down to the midrange depending how thick the carpet is of course. high frequencies down to the midrange is never a problem to eliminate with basic household stuff. just when it comes to the mid-bass down to the sub-bass rigid fiberglass or mineral/rock wool is way to go i think. i used 6'' thick fiberglass for my walls and i have a big roll of 9'' thick fiberglass wrapped in a bed sheet thrown in the corner behind my speaker to absorb from the mid-bass down to the deepest sub-bass.
hit up audio karma. they have forums dedicated for room treatment with measurements of different materials. great place to learn about treating your room and finding the correct measurements for your needs. they'll even help draw out diagrams and so forth for optimal positioning of the treatment used. they have a lot more knowledge then just vintage audio.

Wow, that post of mine spawned more conversation that I thought it would! Thank you both, I shall check it out! :p

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #2,880 of 41,462

Quote:

Thanks for correcting me. I used to have a D1 and should have kept it, great little piece of kit 
smile.gif

It sometimes feels like I'm the only one around here with a D1
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back