Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #2,821 of 41,463
About time I contribute.

I'll post pics of the inside of the computer over on the comp thread

Gear is as follows:
v4 Magnums
Matrix M-Stage
Objective 2
Gamma 2
Maximo iM-590 case
Etymotic case
1984 IBM Model M Keyboard
10ft Canare extender with Neutrik plugs
Logitech G5000 (modded with Teflon discs)
Func Industries 1030 Archetype Mousepad
Haf 992 PC Case

The first screen is my foobar set up
The second one is a close up on some Lambdas

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #2,824 of 41,463
I checked out the one Kudos linked. It would be a bit small for what I'm looking for. Thinking about going the executive route, but they are so pricey.

Quote:

It's not exactly the same desk, but very similar. I think mine is a discontinued model, and it was only ~ 80$. Anyway, it's a cheap IKEA desk, so of course it's not made of solid wood and won't last very long. Mine already has a crack in the top plate. I guess I'm going to replace it with a real desk (not IKEA
tongue.gif
) next year.

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #2,825 of 41,463
It's huge, and weighs a ton (being a steel case), but it's got top notch air flow and can pretty much fit anything you want it to. When I upgraded I sold my i7 build to my grandmother of all people. She now has a 932 under her desk. 

Quote:
Nice and roomy and cool.. A bit bulky, but it looks mean, so it's okay :D

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #2,826 of 41,463
About time I contribute.

I'll post pics of the inside of the computer over on the comp thread

Gear is as follows:

v4 Magnums
Matrix M-Stage
Objective 2
Gamma 2
Maximo iM-590 case
Etymotic case
1984 IBM Model M Keyboard
10ft Canare extender with Neutrik plugs
Logitech G5000 (modded with Teflon discs)
Func Industries 1030 Archetype Mousepad
Haf 992 PC Case

The first screen is my foobar set up
The second one is a close up on some Lambdas

so I am not the only one with a STAX background even though i don't own any.

Cheap keyboard(musical) Vintage(ish?) Kenwood amp, dual monitors, computer i built, Zune playing Lykke Li, Stax backround and head-fi open on the main monitor, fan under the amp and comp, and cheap truck subwoofer that is only used as footrest. I use the keyboard on my lap and mouse on my armrest, they just sit on my keyboard(musical) when im not using them.
And behind that.

My couch with vintage(ish?) Kenwood floorstanders.

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #2,831 of 41,463
I wish there was a chair that went from directly behind my head and all the way down to my back to meet the "butt" piece AND it leaned back fairly far. Is that so hard to make!

Also, what's with seats in cars that touch you until mid back and curve all the way back and the headpiece is like 1-2ft away? Makes it impossible to sleep in them on long drives (as a passenger). Kills my neck after 10min if I am even tired enough to fall asleep with the pain in the first place

Quote:
Just looked it up, not the Zeal II but it looks really close, only difference is the back extends all the way to meet the bottom, there is no gap, maybe the Zeal I?

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #2,832 of 41,463
http://relaxtheback26.reachlocal.com/?scid=2192175&kw=5511410&pub_cr_id=11309598950

You mean...Zero Grav Recliners? Welcome to the best chairs in the world, my friend.

Quote:
I wish there was a chair that went from directly behind my head and all the way down to my back to meet the "butt" piece AND it leaned back fairly far. Is that so hard to make!

Also, what's with seats in cars that touch you until mid back and curve all the way back and the headpiece is like 1-2ft away? Makes it impossible to sleep in them on long drives (as a passenger). Kills my neck after 10min if I am even tired enough to fall asleep with the pain in the first place

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #2,833 of 41,463
Yeah like that, but the leg part isn't necessary, and wheels would be nice since the chair I'm describing is after all an office chair.. I've been in a $40 Cabela's one and they're great!

I'll post a pic of my current chair. My chair would be my favorite in the world most likely if it supported my head a bit. It leans back too. Maybe I can figure out how to measure how far it leans back. It leans back plenty for me! The executive type office chairs that do go behind your head and are described as I did my dream chair seem to never have a lean back feature, like they stay mostly upright except for maybe 2inches if you push back really hard before you just tip the chair.

But, my chair doesn't have the height levers/controls etc but I haven't needed them yet. They would be useful in other's situations though I bet.

Quote:
http://relaxtheback26.reachlocal.com/?scid=2192175&kw=5511410&pub_cr_id=11309598950

You mean...Zero Grav Recliners? Welcome to the best chairs in the world, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back