Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 7, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #2,806 of 41,463

Quote:
@wotts Very cozzy setup, man.

Quote:
Thought I'd take a few pictures while there isn't complete chaos on my desk...

Meier Audio stuff, a T1, a Squeezebox touch, and a cheap Yamaha micro system. Lacking the CD player though, which died a sudden death two days ago... but then again I hardly use it anymore since the addition of the Squeezebox. I do still buy the CDs anyway :)

That looks sharp!  May I ask where did you got the desk? I am looking to switch out this corner unit someday (it's HUGE!) for a more traditional desk.

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #2,807 of 41,463

Quote:
Thought I'd take a few pictures while there isn't complete chaos on my desk...

Meier Audio stuff, a T1, a Squeezebox touch, and a cheap Yamaha micro system. Lacking the CD player though, which died a sudden death two days ago... but then again I hardly use it anymore since the addition of the Squeezebox. I do still buy the CDs anyway :)

I have to ask what you desktop image is? 

M

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #2,809 of 41,463

Quote:

Bad pic, sorry. Two setups, for each headphone

- LCD-2 Rev 1
- Hifiman HE-500
- Lafigaro 339
- Violectric V100
- Audio GD NFB3
- Rein Audio X-DAC (New Dac/New company)

Saturday afternoons are good :)

Any impressions on the Rein Audio X-DAC from Germany?
Understand they are going for USD 780 now

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #2,810 of 41,463

HA! That's the same Sealy Posturpedic desk chair I have.
Quote:
I hope you like dust! Apologies for crappy flash pics:

The small yellow thing on top of my comp is a MidiSport for my ancient keyboard, lol. Headphones are Senn HD595s, speakers are, well, idk what model, but they're decent AudioSource bookshelf speakers. Dusty receiver is a Pioneer SX-780, sub is from a set of Boston BA7900 5.1 PC speakers. I have a currently inactive Asus Xonar Essence ST (not pictured), currently using FiiO E10 as a DAC and going back-and-forth between E10 and E9 for an amp. E9 serves as a preamp/passthrough for the receiver as well.

Portable setup:

Koss PortaPros (soon to be replaced by a to-be-determined model of Senn earphones), Sansa Clip+ 2GB player+16GB microSD card, and FiiO E6 amp.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #2,811 of 41,463

Quote:

It's not exactly the same desk, but very similar. I think mine is a discontinued model, and it was only ~ 80$. Anyway, it's a cheap IKEA desk, so of course it's not made of solid wood and won't last very long. Mine already has a crack in the top plate. I guess I'm going to replace it with a real desk (not IKEA
tongue.gif
) next year.

Quote:
I have to ask what you desktop image is? 

M

That's an image of a glacier (I think) from the NASA Earth Observatory. There's a lot of fascinating, very high-resolution satellite images on that site. I have a bunch of them set to slideshow and I caught myself more than once just staring at the Desktop...

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #2,812 of 41,463
Yea it caught my eye since i'm sort of an image analyst. check out modis today website for some fun stuff :)  

M

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #2,813 of 41,463

Quote:
Any impressions on the Rein Audio X-DAC from Germany?
Understand they are going for USD 780 now

Quite fond of it actually. Musical, neutral and clear. Not as dark and less focussed on the bass as the Audio GD NFB3, I especially like it with the LCD-2s, it's a great match with the Violectric amp.
Full review is due next week :wink:

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #2,815 of 41,463

Quote:
Thanks. Hope you had a great trip a while back :)

Thanks. I did have a great trip back. KLM is such a great airline. I fell asleep and missed lunch service on the return to the States and when I woke up the flight attendant said they didn't want to wake me but if I wanted my meal now he'd serve it. I said yes--and a La Chouffe please! (No La Chouffe but I had a great flight anyway.) It's almost time to go back!

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #2,816 of 41,463

Quote:

Thanks. I did have a great trip back. KLM is such a great airline. I fell asleep and missed lunch service on the return to the States and when I woke up the flight attendant said they didn't want to wake me but if I wanted my meal now he'd serve it. I said yes--and a La Chouffe please! (No La Chouffe but I had a great flight anyway.) It's almost time to go back!

Never had a bad flight on Air France/KLM 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #2,817 of 41,463
What is "la chouffe" ??

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #2,820 of 41,463
Thx for clarification, I ll have to revise my beer knowledge. :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back