Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 7, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #2,837 of 41,301
About time I contribute.

I'll post pics of the inside of the computer over on the comp thread

Gear is as follows:

v4 Magnums
Matrix M-Stage
Objective 2
Gamma 2
Maximo iM-590 case
Etymotic case
1984 IBM Model M Keyboard
10ft Canare extender with Neutrik plugs
Logitech G5000 (modded with Teflon discs)
Func Industries 1030 Archetype Mousepad
Haf 992 PC Case

The first screen is my foobar set up
The second one is a close up on some Lambdas

old mechanical keyboards :cool:

best way to go for best responsiveness. i use an old Dell mechanical keyboard. very responsive. doesn't delay like most USB keyboards. great also for when i play stepmania. usb keyboards doesn't have the responsiveness to keep up with 600bpm or greater tempo.

the HAF is a nice case and i like the red lights even though i'm not a fan of flashy rigs with bling. it's very good case. i still need to replace my antec 900 i have. surprisingly it has more then enough room to house my 2 year old HD5870 that i got on launch. going for over 400 bucks at the time i can't believe how fast they sold. i got lucky and scored one off Tiger Direct.

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #2,838 of 41,301
I wish there was a chair that went from directly behind my head and all the way down to my back to meet the "butt" piece AND it leaned back fairly far. Is that so hard to make!

Also, what's with seats in cars that touch you until mid back and curve all the way back and the headpiece is like 1-2ft away? Makes it impossible to sleep in them on long drives (as a passenger). Kills my neck after 10min if I am even tired enough to fall asleep with the pain in the first place

i have an office max chair like that but don't know exact model. i found it in the trash lol. it was in perfect condition though so i grabbed it and cleaned it off. i'm 6ft and it extends fully from my head to the lower back,no gap in between. it's pretty comfty and i like the riser on it so i can have the chair up higher due to my long legs.

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #2,839 of 41,301

Quote:
old mechanical keyboards
cool.gif

best way to go for best responsiveness. i use an old Dell mechanical keyboard. very responsive. doesn't delay like most USB keyboards. great also for when i play stepmania. usb keyboards doesn't have the responsiveness to keep up with 600bpm or greater tempo.
the HAF is a nice case and i like the red lights even though i'm not a fan of flashy rigs with bling. it's very good case. i still need to replace my antec 900 i have. surprisingly it has more then enough room to house my 2 year old HD5870 that i got on launch. going for over 400 bucks at the time i can't believe how fast they sold. i got lucky and scored one off Tiger Direct.

the red lights are pretty low key, I'm planning to wire them up to a switch so they are completely optional, It comes pre-wired with a switch to the front leds, I just have to connect it in with the top and side fan. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #2,840 of 41,301
Lucky!

Quote:
i have an office max chair like that but don't know exact model. i found it in the trash lol. it was in perfect condition though so i grabbed it and cleaned it off. i'm 6ft and it extends fully from my head to the lower back,no gap in between. it's pretty comfty and i like the riser on it so i can have the chair up higher due to my long legs.

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #2,841 of 41,301
I use a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate for my mechanical keyboard. I could survive with a regular keyboard though, I'm not addicted and I don't see a GIANT difference like some do. Build quality yes but not usability.

Quote:
old mechanical keyboards
cool.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #2,842 of 41,301
It sure is! $1500 doesn't seem overly expensive for something I will use so much. I oughta save up for that in the future :)

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/256822/chair-fi/45

I think your dream chair is the post before the last one. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #2,844 of 41,301
Sweet! Looks nice! I actually don't need the chair that terribly much since I have a listening station now in my basement (headphones) and an actual recliner for my stereo. I have a sectional couch too that is hard to work with. Terribly uncomfortable to sit in upright. I got such a great deal on it, I'd hate to sell it, and it's such a hassle to move, and I've moved it a few times now. I hope I can figure something out soon

Quote:
:D I'll probably have a Zero G recliner be the last piece in my audio rig.

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #2,845 of 41,301

This is my personal shrine to head-fi.org and the now-gone-to-a-better-place-but-still-sorta-lives-on-through-alo 32 ohm store in my city of Portland, OR.  Somewhere in my research of audio reproduction at home I came across an article by Henry Rollins that was best summed up by a quote somewhere along the lines of "I'm glad I bought the vinyl/lps/records."  My system will keep evolving (mostly due to awesome places like this).  But I am glad I am wasting my money on the vinyl.

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #2,848 of 41,301
I looks like a Pro-Ject RM-1.3.

That's a handsome setup Mikerobe.

I was fortunate enough to be able to visit 32 Ohm before they shut their doors. What a great shop - It was great having a place like that in town but I guess it didn't make sense economically. Too bad...

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #2,849 of 41,301
Quote:

I was fortunate enough to be able to visit 32 Ohm before they shut their doors. What a great shop - It was great having a place like that in town but I guess it didn't make sense economically. Too bad...

Wow, I was sure they would make it. First I heard of their demise, I was hoping to visit sometime. Bummer 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back