Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 29, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #2,581 of 41,103

Quote:
My suggestion would be an exclosure. Hard drives made to be driven hard (internals) are much more reliable than your run of the mill external ones. 

Enclosure + Internal can run you less than an external as well, which is nice.

What kind of enclosure do you mean exactly? Never seen ones for HDD. And I figure that the internal HDD needs some sort of power supply and some way to transfer the files.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #2,582 of 41,103
Hard drive enclosures basically take an internal HDD and make it  an external one. They have their own power supplies, and software. The nice thing about them is that you can use multiple internals for different things, and they're much more reliable. 

Example

Quote:
Quote:

What kind of enclosure do you mean exactly? Never seen ones for HDD. And I figure that the internal HDD needs some sort of power supply and some way to transfer the files.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2,583 of 41,103

Quote:
Hard drive enclosures basically take an internal HDD and make it  an external one. They have their own power supplies, and software. The nice thing about them is that you can use multiple internals for different things, and they're much more reliable. 

Example

Thanks, might look more in to those. = )

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #2,585 of 41,103
Getting me paranoid, about half of my music collection is of free downloads, made available by the bands, that I can't download anymore, and they're all saved to one hard drive...
Waiting for a laptop, and external hd. then i'll be safe.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #2,586 of 41,103
I needed about six months to rip about 1200 disks, because I was spending the time proofreading the tagging and fixing it and rectifying artist data for each one and browsing the web for album art. When the data coming in off the net was accurate things could go pretty quickly. The CD drive was on a long USB cable so I could rip the disks directly on the music server without having to get up from my desk to do it. Since then I've ripped a hundred or so more, but now that the intense batch copy session is done, I usually do the work on my own computer and uploaded to the server manually.

There are two external hard drives for my music collection, one exists only as a duplicate of the other. Both are connected to an old computer I use as the household music server. Every so often, after adding a few albums, I boot up the second drive, open a shell session and rsync them. When the duplication's not going on, the second drive is powered down. Everything (plus the network hardware) is on a hefty UPS so that power problems don't mess things up. All files are ALAC, since it was the path of least resistance.

I buy music on CD whenever possible. For the time being there's still nothing better than owning hard copies. If the future of cheap bandwidth, cloud storage and ubiquitous flexibly high-res audio files become the norm, I'll make the switch.

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #2,587 of 41,103
Hi,  I'm new here, i've been reading this forum for a few months and decided to join today.  Here is what i am using.

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #2,588 of 41,103
Allo Branded - welcome. 

Has Quincy Jones shown up to beat the hell outta Dre yet? :wink:

Seriously though, what is that cute little tube amp?

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #2,590 of 41,103
Liamstrain,  Yeah the Q701 sounds a million times better then the Detox Pro.   But the Detox Pro is fun with the super heavy but tight bass.  That why i have both lol.  The amp is Bellari and it sounds amazing with the Q701.  I am waiting on the BeyerDynmanics T70 my locate dealer says it sounds like the Q701 but more bass.

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #2,592 of 41,103
I had to send my amp back under warranty to get it fixed/tweaked

So I suppose my picutre is going to get delayed now.

My custom desktop stands are supposed to be done by next week, but I haven't heard a word from the builder yet.

Waiting games suck.  I have to use my NuForce Icon Mobile for right now.

Talk about torture.

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #2,593 of 41,103
Yeah i have the whole mission setup, M35i, M3c2i, M30i and MS8.  I love the sound they make.

Quote:
You have mission m30, fine little speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back