Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 1, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #2,282 of 41,293

Quote:
Totally Content With my turntable/speaker setup at the moment, just want more records
biggrin.gif

Very nice setup! What turntable/phonostage/receiver/speakers?

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #2,283 of 41,293

Turntable: Pro-ject Debut III Turntable
Phono: ART DJ-PRE2 Phono
Speakers: KRK Rokit 5 Powered Studio Monitors

Looking to upgrade my phono to the bellari vp130, but all my spending money is going to records at the moment :) and thanks :)

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #2,284 of 41,293

Quote:
Can't recommend the Yulong enough. So good for the price. 

Seriously..it shouldn't be this good considering how much it costs

Quote:
Totally Content With my turntable/speaker setup at the moment, just want more records
biggrin.gif

I like the way this set up look..nice and clean without taking too much space. I do agree about needing more records as that shelf is a bit empty :p

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #2,285 of 41,293
I think mine will be going to HDTracks and Beatport pretty soon. 

Quote:
Quote:

Turntable: Pro-ject Debut III Turntable
Phono: ART DJ-PRE2 Phono
Speakers: KRK Rokit 5 Powered Studio Monitors

Looking to upgrade my phono to the bellari vp130, but all my spending money is going to records at the moment
smily_headphones1.gif
and thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #2,286 of 41,293
Thanks for the kind comments :) here's my speakers + whole setup (messy wires I know, any tips on how to keep them organized would be awesome, wires are really my bane)

Heres a close up of my speaker + my attempt at drawing Benny Goodman in the background ^-^

Both great investments :)

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #2,287 of 41,293
HDTracks is well worth it, but Beatport just wrecks your wallet for WAV upgrades. I've had a 100 USD cart that went to 204 USD when everything was upgraded to WAV. Completely ridiculous. 

Also, on the cable matter. You could try zip ties, or velcro cable ties, but my favorite is something we sell at work. I can't seem to find it online, but it's a flexible plastic tube that you run the cables through. Works pretty well.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind comments
smily_headphones1.gif
here's my speakers + whole setup (messy wires I know, any tips on how to keep them organized would be awesome, wires are really my bane)
Quote:

Both great investments
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #2,289 of 41,293
There's only 3 or so I really want to get right now. Tommy, Moving Pictures, and maybe some Elton John.

They seem  have some sort of sale pretty frequently.

Quote:
Quote:

You missed it, HDTracks had a 20% off sale on Friday - I picked up a few albums.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #2,290 of 41,293
Nope, he still has a chance since I have a 20% coupon code that expire the 15th of this month. If he needs it then it's his :wink:.

Quote:
Quote:

You missed it, HDTracks had a 20% off sale on Friday - I picked up a few albums.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #2,292 of 41,293
There's only 3 or so I really want to get right now. Tommy, Moving Pictures, and maybe some Elton John.

Funny, I picked up moving pictures and thought about Tommy.

I got an REM album last time but the new hi-res version didn't even seem slightly better than my 20 year old copy. Before that though I got some classical stuff but sounds unbelievable. Plus, I bought a song at each different sample rate just so I could test DACs.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #2,293 of 41,293
I would love the Chesky album everyone talks about, too. Tommy is my #1 as The Who is my favorite 'band' ever. Just can't get enough. Thinking about Metallica's Black Album...and Yes...and Ray Charles...Alison Krauss...Miles Davis...

lol

Quote:
Quote:

Funny, I picked up moving pictures and thought about Tommy.

I got an REM album last time but the new hi-res version didn't even seem slightly better than my 20 year old copy. Before that though I got some classical stuff but sounds unbelievable. Plus, I bought a song at each different sample rate just so I could test DACs.

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #2,294 of 41,293
MorbidToaster I sent you the code you wanted 
wink_face.gif

I also have a 50% off code for David Chesky's Urbanacity album, so anyone can use it. Here is he code: urbanThiel

Enjoy the music guys!!

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #2,295 of 41,293
Just finished today. Listening to If Not Now, When? - Incubus through my SRH840s right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back