Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #2,266 of 41,463

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #2,267 of 41,463
Quote:

Very nice! Glass + Z5500
biggrin.gif
What kind of desk is that? It looks like my Z-Line Nero.

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #2,270 of 41,463

Quote:

That is a beautiful hookah! It's a shame that the weather is about to turn bad around here because we haven't been able to get out on the patio to smoke ours as much as we would have liked.

Here is my current setup. It's not too fancy but it sounds good. It's my HP laptop with a Focusrite sound card (intended for recording but it sounds great with headphones) and my new Ultrasone Pro 900s. The Scarlett is usually hooked up to my desktop and some cheap studio monitors (Yamaha HS50Ms) but I brought it with me to my parents' house for the weekend.

Oct 1, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #2,273 of 41,463

Quote:
I'm content in terms of comfort with my HD 650, but those Beyers just look so darn comfy.
I want one too!
biggrin.gif

I think that Yulong and Violectric deserve better phones :) Beyers are comfortable but I hated when the outer parts of my ears touched the cloth inside the ear cups. 

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #2,276 of 41,463
When I had the HD600 I did not like the comfort or the creaking headband (that was actually the reason I sold them). However with the DT880 they are the second most comfortable headphone I have ever used with K601 being on top. They are as comfortable as they look for me but of course YMMV.

As for my setup deserving better headphones I do have two headphones that are better in the Magnum v2.5 and my modified Fostex T50RP. However as for totl such as HD800, LCD2, etc. I have not tried any of them in my own setup so I cannot make a judgment decision if they are worth buying because of that and I do not feel like losing money and time by buying to try all the various lines although some interest me more than others but there is a meet in November that I'm planning to attend so I can try some nice headphones there :)

I think my dac and amp is set for a long time so no need to upgrade there :p

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #2,278 of 41,463

Quote:
Denon Comfort Master Race reporting in. 

The D7000s are like sitting in a giant leather easy chair.  They're the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back