Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #1,321 of 41,454

Quote:
Quote:

Yes it is. I bought the Fiio E9i that lets you dock your ipod into it instead of the E7.

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS? Purchased.

Edit: Bedside rig: E9i + iPhone 4 (ALAC) + D7000

Also, if that Line Out works with the iPod dock, use it as a transport, too.

WHATTTTT?? YOU GUYS STOP BLEEDING MY WALLET

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #1,323 of 41,454

Quote:
Also, if that Line Out works with the iPod dock, use it as a transport, too.

Wouldn't it need to be a digital output, bypassing the internal iPod DAC, for it to function as an actual transport?

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #1,324 of 41,454

Quote:
Wouldn't it need to be a digital output, bypassing the internal iPod DAC, for it to function as an actual transport?

I would think so.

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #1,326 of 41,454

Received mine today and totally agree with your sound description, massive step up from my 15 years old Boston Acoustics sub/sat set

Quote:
Thanks! The A3X's are fairly analytical and detailed with very extended treble response and at low to medium volumes they very much enjoyable but high volumes it becomes difficult to listen to. But keep in mind they are near field monitors so they should really be enjoyed at low to medium volumes. The imaging with these speakers is highly dependant on their placement and positioning. I find the mids are actually very (emphasis on very) slightly recessed due to the emphasised treble (spoilt by the LCD-2 I guess) but overall they are very natural and effortless. With regards to bass, I find that they have a slight mid-bass hump when compared to the super tight LCD-2 bass and obviously don't go very deep (neither do most comparable monitors due to physical limitations)

I actually think the A3X have a lot in common with HE-6 which I listened to during the London meet. Their sound signature is very similar (extended treble, slightly recessed mids with the HE-6 handling deep bass better) and if I want to remind myself how the HE-6 sounded, I just turn my speakers on
biggrin.gif

Sorry to go off topic
redface.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #1,327 of 41,454

Quote:
Received mine today and totally agree with your sound description, massive step up from my 15 years old Boston Acoustics sub/sat set

Glad your enjoying your setup. I just got the Adam stands and I can't recommend them enough. Tightened up the bass, mid-bass bloat that I was experiencing has dissappeared and the overall sound has improved tremendously. They are a notch up in terms of performance and the best part is they just cost me 30 quid. The stands are an absolute must have and for that price its almost a crime not to get them.

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #1,328 of 41,454

There seems to be 2 different stands for them. Which ones did you get ?
Is it these http://www.thomann.de/dk/adam_a3_stands_bk.htm ?

Quote:
Glad your enjoying your setup. I just got the Adam stands and I can't recommend them enough. Tightened up the bass, mid-bass bloat that I was experiencing has dissappeared and the overall sound has improved tremendously. They are a notch up in terms of performance and the best part is they just cost me 30 quid. The stands are an absolute must have and for that price its almost a crime not to get them.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #1,329 of 41,454
So they're just monitor stands?

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #1,330 of 41,454
That's what I assume but I know from other equipment that feet and tables/stands can make a significant difference

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #1,331 of 41,454

Quote:
That's what I assume but I know from other equipment that feet and tables/stands can make a significant difference

I've moved and shaken my Nuforce and speakers while listening to music, and it makes no difference.  

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #1,332 of 41,454
It can make a big difference what equipment sits on and how the acoustic coupling is

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #1,334 of 41,454

Quote:
It can make a big difference what equipment sits on and how the acoustic coupling is

So long as your speakers aren't vibrating horribly, the quality of the speaker should allow for some leeway in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back