Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 10, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #1,352 of 41,118
Taken 5 minutes ago, since the last picture I've added a Teac EQA-10 graphics eq (currently used as a source selector with the EQ bipass switch on) that I got at a flea-market for $2, and a Denon DCD-815 CD player I picked up at goodwill for...$4.97 (original price in 1994 was around $275 to $300), I almost felt bad buying it for that cheap, and even moreso now that I have discovered it to be in perfect working order.
Still listening through the SR60's, which oddly enough are probably the "weakest" link in my signal path now! Isn't that a little backwards?

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #1,353 of 41,118
They'll be fine. 

Also, nice set up there. I miss my DJ stuff...I need to start rebuilding it once I get some extra space in this place...

(Had to sell it because I couldn't afford storage...and it really helped with rent money ;~:wink:

Quote:
Quote:

Did you just put a headphone on an LP? Won't that damage it?

And what does it say on the mixing table (or whatever you call the thing)? STUPIDITY Would be painful?

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #1,354 of 41,118
Taken 5 minutes ago, since the last picture I've added a Teac EQA-10 graphics eq (currently used as a source selector with the EQ bipass switch on) that I got at a flea-market for $2, and a Denon DCD-815 CD player I picked up at goodwill for...$4.97 (original price in 1994 was around $275 to $300), I almost felt bad buying it for that cheap, and even moreso now that I have discovered it to be in perfect working order.
Still listening through the SR60's, which oddly enough are probably the "weakest" link in my signal path now! Isn't that a little backwards?

I'm practically lit with envy right now.

I did get a free stereo amplifier, turntable and pair of speakers I found in the attic. But I don't know if that competes against your epic purchases.

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #1,355 of 41,118
Nice 2245 there. I just got a 2238 and popped it open to clean/replace the bulbs. Can't wait til it's in perfect working order again. Might have a 2250 coming my way soon, too. 

Also, I love EQs. People can complain all they want about them, but they're fun to fiddle with every now and then.
Quote:

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #1,356 of 41,118
Goodluck with the 2250! I'm considering replacing the bulbs with LED's. Have you recapped the 2238? My 45 seems to be all okay after inspecting it visually and obviously based on how it sounds, (no obviously dried out capacitors or leaking capacitors) but I'm considering at least re-doing the amplifier and preamplifier boards, and replacing the huge output capacitors. I still drop by all the local thriftstores weekly hoping to score a motherload purchase. On audiokarma some people have found old 10xx series Marantz amps, Sansui's, jbl and Cerwin Vega speakers and even a few old McIntosh peices in thriftstores for dirt cheap. It's definitely worth it to check them out

Quote:
Nice 2245 there. I just got a 2238 and popped it open to clean/replace the bulbs. Can't wait til it's in perfect working order again. Might have a 2250 coming my way soon, too. 

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #1,357 of 41,118
Haven't done anything to it (including listening to it yet, although I know it works), but once I replace the bulbs I'll probably take it to a shop in town and see what they think. It's in alright shape, but it's been in storage.

Quote:
Goodluck with the 2250! I'm considering replacing the bulbs with LED's. Have you recapped the 2238? My 45 seems to be all okay after inspecting it visually and obviously based on how it sounds, (no obviously dried out capacitors or leaking capacitors) but I'm considering at least re-doing the amplifier and preamplifier boards, and replacing the huge output capacitors. I still drop by all the local thriftstores weekly hoping to score a motherload purchase. On audiokarma some people have found old 10xx series Marantz amps, Sansui's, jbl and Cerwin Vega speakers and even a few old McIntosh peices in thriftstores for dirt cheap. It's definitely worth it to check them out

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #1,358 of 41,118

Quote:

My favorite place for headphone listening. The digital signal is received by an Apple Airport Express station placed below the coffee table.

Nice.  I did the same thing, with the Apple Airport Express under the table.  Clean and simple look!

Here's mine, again.  
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #1,359 of 41,118
Mine came in today and I want to ask you if your USB connects the docked device to your PC.

I think my USB port is defective because it seems completely useless. 

Quote:

I'm pretty happy with this set up. It's lively and engaging bit strong at times which is making me consider picking up a DT 880 if I can wrangle one for cheap.

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #1,363 of 41,118

Quote:
Quote:

Sure, dude, you're not even using a beryllium-tipped chromium fork with resonance damping. You have no idea what kind of sound you could be getting with your dinnerware.

my head just exploded.

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #1,364 of 41,118
Sounds like an excuse to upgrade with 99.999% pure silver neuron's with cotton dielectric myelin sheaths in the temporal lobe to prevent subconscious crosstalk
wink.gif

Quote:
my head just exploded.

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #1,365 of 41,118

Quote:
Sounds like an excuse to upgrade with 99.999% pure silver neuron's with cotton dielectric myelin sheaths in the temporal lobe to prevent subconscious crosstalk
wink.gif

I think I suffer from this affliction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back