Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 1, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #138 of 41,120

Quote:
iTunes.
I hate it, but I'm dependent on it because of podcasts and smart playlists.
I wish Google would get on the ball and make an iTunes killer.

God I hate iTunes and their dumb developers. 

I can't use foobar because I like to do a grid thumbnail view (4,000 albums here).
I believe there was a foobar solution for something like that,
but foobar is one of those things where the advantage of high customization must be borne out with an equally high learning curve. 

Quote:
Hey SugarKang, which media player is that on your big screen ..... Please say foobar :)

How come you don't like iTunes?

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #139 of 41,120
My listening station is my computer desk...   Simple e7/e9 and astro mixamp plus some headphones constitute all my audio gear.  Have a w1000x and a audio-gd nfb-12 incoming, whenever they get here...  Usually, I have record sleeves over the headphones. removed for pic purpose.

For bed/sofa listening, I usually just grab a fuze and headphone/iem.

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #140 of 41,120
This is my home set up.  I am waiting for the new Schiit Lyr amp and the Hifiman HE6's to complete my toy collection.

Here is a photo of my portable rig.  I am a big fan of the UE10's.

I stream my tunes from my Macbook Pro via airport express and then out via optical to the Fun DAC.  I would like to swap out the APE for a Poppulse wifi unit to stream 24/96.

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #141 of 41,120
     Here's my setup; equipment is listed below in my sig.  The brass footers and weights are from Mapleshade; they help to eliminate transformer hum from the Woo amp, as well as elevating it for better heat dissipation. The rack and the other footers also help with vibration control. The rack weighs approx. 125 lbs. and is extremely stable.
     My house is built on a concrete slab, and is quite sensitve to vibrations from passing vehicles, etc.  The Mapleshade rack has spiked footers than pass through the carpet and onto the concrete below.  
     The  tube dampers are from Herbie's Audio Lab. 
     I'm still using discs; future upgrades will include a Mac Mini running iTunes, outputting to the DacMagic, remote controlled by an iPad (I'm waiting for iPad 2 in a couple of months).

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #145 of 41,120
I love your setup! Hopefully, I'll be able to hear what the EML 5U4G will sound like through my WA6 SE.

I must say though, isn't that just a bit too much brass? I'm worried an earthquake will knock those brass weights onto your tubes and whatever else could happen...

Quote:
     Here's my setup; equipment is listed below in my sig.  The brass footers and weights are from Mapleshade; they help to eliminate transformer hum from the Woo amp, as well as elevating it for better heat dissipation. The rack and the other footers also help with vibration control. The rack weighs approx. 125 lbs. and is extremely stable.
     My house is built on a concrete slab, and is quite sensitve to vibrations from passing vehicles, etc.  The Mapleshade rack has spiked footers than pass through the carpet and onto the concrete below.  
     The  tube dampers are from Herbie's Audio Lab. 
     I'm still using discs; future upgrades will include a Mac Mini running iTunes, outputting to the DacMagic, remote controlled by an iPad (I'm waiting for iPad 2 in a couple of months).

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #146 of 41,120
     Quote:
I love your setup! Hopefully, I'll be able to hear what the EML 5U4G will sound like through my WA6 SE.

I must say though, isn't that just a bit too much brass? I'm worried an earthquake will knock those brass weights onto your tubes and whatever else could happen...

The weights on top of the Woo transformers are pretty heavy and stable; the single large one weighs 3 lbs. and the two smaller ones are approx. 1.5 lbs. each.  If I pause a CD track and remove the weights, I can hear a very faint hum/vibration from the transformers.  

And, in this part of the world, there haven't been any earthquakes; only snowstorms.  One is happening right now.  We're supposed to get 8-10 inches tonight here.

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #148 of 41,120

Hahaha, my iPod, you're greatest nightmare. Mind you I'm no audiophile, I don't even have an amp let alone a good pair of 'phones. Although I am selling my Dr. Dre Solo HD's for either the Ath-M50 or the Srh750dj... but that will be later on. But oh well... I guess its ok to post :)

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #149 of 41,120

Quote:
@AuralRelations, I like your setup a lot! What stand is your MBP sitting on?  I like that it's not too high like some others I've seen. Cheers!

Thanks for the compliment :)  The stand is the Macally ECOFAN PRO.  I love wood, as you can see with my RS2i and the bamboo stand matches them, somewhat.  I've had the stand for about a year and it's been great, although a little loud.  I was thinking about wiring two bigger fans to reduce the noise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back