Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 21, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #38,716 of 41,090
All this talk of chairs, has me thinking I am the only one who stands while listening?

As someone who has gone to a lot of live shows and enjoys standing close to the stage, I feel like standing while listening to my headphones helps make the experience seem more lifelike. I do listen to Folk, Bluegrass and Rock, so that also plays a role. I like to move to the music and sitting takes away from that for me. Of course if I listened to Classical or Jazz I might sit, as that's what most do at those live shows.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #38,717 of 41,090
I listen mostly while working so I sit at a desk. TBH I’ve never considered standing an option though.

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #38,718 of 41,090
Built a fifth shelve for my compact audio rack that i have built about 1 year ago and move my gear to it.

PXL_20230921_002715709 (2).jpg
PXL_20230921_151205014 (2).jpg

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #38,719 of 41,090
All this talk of chairs, has me thinking I am the only one who stands while listening?

As someone who has gone to a lot of live shows and enjoys standing close to the stage, I feel like standing while listening to my headphones helps make the experience seem more lifelike. I do listen to Folk, Bluegrass and Rock, so that also plays a role. I like to move to the music and sitting takes away from that for me. Of course if I listened to Classical or Jazz I might sit, as that's what most do at those live shows.
Interesting! I bang on my desk and dance around in my chair when jamming out with my Aeolus, but haven’t tried standing. Cable’s probably not long enough. All my other headphones are definitely more “sit down, listen, and bliss out” experiences.

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #38,720 of 41,090
Setup 2.jpg
Setup 1.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #38,722 of 41,090

I listen mostly while working so I sit at a desk. TBH I’ve never considered standing an option though.
The only time I stand when listening to music is when I want to dance :)

Most of the time I'm sitting at my desk and enjoying....

1695318387585.png

I just have a normal leather (pleather) desk chair (not pictured) :)

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #38,726 of 41,090
Sep 21, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #38,728 of 41,090

My audio rack sits next to my Uplift standing desk, so yes, I stand all the time! And I use (and love) my bamboo rocker board, so I can rock-out (I'll see myself out) all day long.

Sep 21, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #38,729 of 41,090
My audio rack sits next to my Uplift standing desk, so yes, I stand all the time! And I use (and love) my bamboo rocker board, so I can rock-out (I'll see myself out) all day long.
Nice to know I am not alone. Sounds like you are a true rocker, like myself. :grin: The uplift standing desk is one of the greatest inventions ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back