Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 19, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #38,701 of 41,273
It’s a Herman Miller Mirra 2 (one of the best investments I made for my back in my life, worth every penny)

https://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/office-chairs/mirra-2-chairs/

The nice thing about the Herman Miller chairs is that they stay in production for such a long time, that you can swap out parts as they go bad. The Aeron chair I purchased years ago is still going strong, although it probably needs a replacement pneumatic cylinder. But that's readily available and I can swap it myself, which is fantastic.

Sep 19, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #38,702 of 41,273
I cast my lot on the other side of the ergonomic chair aisle, Steelcase. I own 3 Leap v1s (which I prefer to v2); and have given 2 others away as gifts.

Between Leap v1 and a couple Criterions, I really owe my home office career (25 years as freelance medical writer) to Steelcase. I can stand up from these chairs after a couple hours and actually move around, not limp or have back spasms.

And to bring this back to the Head-Fi station topic, I use my Leap v1 to access either/both of my headphone audio systems, located at the far L & R ends of a long, L-shaped desk.

I purchased a Leap v2, but ultimately returned it. Just an amazing amount of adjustment with that chair, but it didn't fit me comfortably (I'm quite tall, so not all chairs do). I completely understand why a lot of folks love that chair, though. Really nicely made and I still miss some of the adjustment capabilities.

Sep 19, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #38,704 of 41,273
Either you're decades younger than me, or are the luckiest old man on earth.
well i am 31. and i work at a retail store. so indeed i might be lucky. but noble chairs are meant to have good back support as well

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #38,707 of 41,273
I cast my lot on the other side of the ergonomic chair aisle, Steelcase. I own 3 Leap v1s (which I prefer to v2); and have given 2 others away as gifts.

Between Leap v1 and a couple Criterions, I really owe my home office career (25 years as freelance medical writer) to Steelcase. I can stand up from these chairs after a couple hours and actually move around, not limp or have back spasms.

And to bring this back to the Head-Fi station topic, I use my Leap v1 to access either/both of my headphone audio systems, located at the far L & R ends of a long, L-shaped desk.
I have the butterfly back and the fabric mesh + polymer really moves with you. I’ve had this chair for 8 years or so (got it when I started working remote full time) and I can tell you it really becomes part of you as you work throughout the day. As someone who regularly sits for extended hours while working this is key (10+ is average but often times much longer). Supportive yet adaptable, I never have to adjust it just melds with your movements

Now it’s not the best when I just want to relax, zone out and listen to music. I want a lounge chair for that but my wife says we don’t have room for another chair in the bedroom

I would love an Eames and will own one someday but for now I might have to settle for an adult bean bag I can throw in the corner when not in use 😆

For now our master bedroom / home office / listening room is a little tight on space. Especially since I keep buying audio gear 😆

Sep 19, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #38,708 of 41,273
Just saw my wife's chair is the Steelcase Leap V2 !!! How unfair. Someday I'll have to do a comparison of Herman Miller Aeron. Steelcase Leap V2 and Ergohuman V2 Plus Deluxe because it's my bottom at stake.

Sep 19, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #38,711 of 41,273
Current setup from the side today..
More to come, but have to wait a few more weeks, months..

PXL_20230919_164555091.jpg

Sep 19, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #38,713 of 41,273
It’s a Herman Miller Mirra 2 (one of the best investments I made for my back in my life, worth every penny) …
… compared to multiple 60-rep slow-motion abdominal crunch sets & oblique crunch sets per day … 🤔? An inordinate percent of back problems emanate from a weak midsection … 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #38,715 of 41,273
… compared to multiple 60-rep slow-motion abdominal crunch sets & oblique crunch sets per day … 🤔? An inordinate percent of back problems emanate from a weak midsection … 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it took a lot of guts to say it. And people will need a strong stomach to internalize the wisdom :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back