Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 1, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #21,061 of 41,113
I'm using a forza audioworks 3.5mm to rca, decent cable and great length. Enjoying this setup a lot. Probably give it another few weeks and then put the idac back in the loop and figure out what I like better.

To these ears Mojo gives slightly better sound tonality and stage. Bass is a liiitle bit stronger too. It's just a slight difference in comparison to iFi iDSD micro.

May 1, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #21,062 of 41,113
A lot of changes and additions to the system since I last posted as well as re arranging the room entirely, got rid of the bed to another room and replaced it with a sofa bed... think my priorities are slightly skewed.

Think that'll be it for the next while, at least until I'm in the new house in a year or two. Then it's going to be a separate Hifi, separate cinema and a bedroom rig to put together. Hope there's a lot of overtime at work!

May 1, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #21,063 of 41,113
  A lot of changes and additions to the system since I last posted as well as re arranging the room entirely, got rid of the bed to another room and replaced it with a sofa bed... think my priorities are slightly skewed.

Think that'll be it for the next while, at least until I'm in the new house in a year or two. Then it's going to be a separate Hifi, separate cinema and a bedroom rig to put together. Hope there's a lot of overtime at work!

May 1, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #21,064 of 41,113

your priorities seem spot on !

May 1, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #21,065 of 41,113
^

Absolutely killer rig. Thanks for posting pics.
gs1000.gif

May 1, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #21,066 of 41,113

Holy crap! You got quite the setup wow!

May 1, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #21,067 of 41,113
Moved some things around. And like usual... starving student don't be too harsh.

PC: Lian Li PC-Z70, ASRock Z77 Extreme 3, Intel Core i5-3570, Asus R9 290, Samsung 512GB 850 Pro, Corsair H60 CPU Water Cooler, 4 Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition Fans, Tenkeyless Tactile Touch "Otaku" Keyboard, Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance
FPS Gaming Mouse, Seagate 8TB External Hard Drive.

Storage Server: Fractal Design Node 804 Case, Basic ITX board w/ integrated processor > Dell Perc 6i Raid card > Raid6 8x 1.5TB Seagate 7200rpm HDDs.

Monitor: LG 34UM95 34" Ultra Wide Screen 3440 x 1440

TV: 60" LG Plasma 60PB6650

Audio: Samsung 850 Pro SSD > W8.1 > Foobar2000>Recapped Belkin USB card > Schiit Wyrd > Audio-GD Reference 10.32 > Hifiman He-6 on WooAudio Stand or Adam Audio A7X on PrimeAcoustic Iso Pads.

Music Production: Access Virus TI, Roland TB-3, Roland VT-3, Arturia Keylab 88, Audio Technica AT4033SE Microphone.

DJ: Pioneer DDJ-T1, Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro 80ohm

Game area: Nintendo 64, Wii, Wii U with Gamecube Adapter, Play Station 2, and Xbox 360 all connected to 60” + Audiophile set up.

I believe my cable management is pretty good for having 3x 9AWG Pangea Audio Power Cables as well as 12 USB devices 8 of which have Power Adapters as well, not including the TV, monitor, computer, game consoles, and both studio monitors.

May 1, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #21,070 of 41,113

What tubes are you using? It looks like the TAK's and C3G.

May 1, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #21,071 of 41,113

I think if you parked a Tesla there it might actually drop the value of the room.

May 2, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #21,072 of 41,113
What tubes are you using? It looks like the TAK's and C3G.

Got the Tak 274b's and 300b's with Siemens C3G's in the pic. The C3G's are fast transparent tubes, nice for analytical listening, but a little thin for my usual listening. Though I've still got to get around to playing around with different tube and output mode combinations to get the most from them.
Right now I've got the Tak's and TSRP drivers, after working nightshift and hitting the gym just want to get home and get enveloped by the music. The TSRP are nice warm, rich, yet detailed and articulate. Perfect for just getting lost in the music with. The C3G's are more a stimulating listen.

May 2, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #21,073 of 41,113
Got the Tak 274b's and 300b's with Siemens C3G's in the pic. The C3G's are fast transparent tubes, nice for analytical listening, but a little thin for my usual listening. Though I've still got to get around to playing around with different tube and output mode combinations to get the most from them.
Right now I've got the Tak's and TSRP drivers, after working nightshift and hitting the gym just want to get home and get enveloped by the music. The TSRP are nice warm, rich, yet detailed and articulate. Perfect for just getting lost in the music with. The C3G's are more a stimulating listen.

Nice.
gs1000.gif

Yeah. I'm using the TAK274B and TSRP's at the moment as well. Very relaxing. Seems to hit all the right buttons.

My rig at the moment.

I have the LCD-3 and the LCD-X. For ease of use I just put the LCD-X's on another shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back