Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 27, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #21,046 of 41,120

It's an optical illusion, my friend.
That cable sweeps past that tube like comets sweep past the sun. (For the time being.)
Besides, that tube never gets hot. I can touch it and not get burned.

I didn't believe it either so I just touched it. All cold, no blisters! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #21,048 of 41,120

FLAC-->foobar2k-->Schiit Modi2-->Schiit Vali-->HD600 w/CustomCans ultra low capacitance braided litz cables
                                                                -->HD580 w/HD600 grills & NewFantasia OFC cables

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #21,049 of 41,120
New gear, today... Eric at Audio Perfection: "...why not take it home and try it out... see if you like it..."  Oh, o-h-h-k-a-a-a-y.

So, I added the Bel Canto REFLink into Mac Book playback chain:

MacBook Retina w/ Audirvana+ --> Curious USB Cable --> UpTone REGEN + 6v Linear PS --> REFLink --> Rega DAC --> amps...

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #21,050 of 41,120
Audeze LCD-4
Hifiman HE1000
Schiit Ragnarok
Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies
[not seen: Schiit Yggdrasil DAC]

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #21,051 of 41,120
Still running HD600 and HD650 out of my highly modified Bottlhead Crack (still a head-fier!), but I had to post the latest arrival.  Crites Cornscala B loudspeakers (unfinished birch for now) being driven by either LP12/Eros or MacBook/Rega DAC-R into a Rega Brio-R...a very fun sounding system!  I've been reducing my overall investment in hi-fi but wanted to take the opportunity to try something very different...and the Cornscala B certainly fits the bill!  

They're set up where I normally put things right now and sound great, but I'm going to set them up longways on the rug as well to get more distance between them.  Let the experimenting begin!

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #21,052 of 41,120
Still running HD600 and HD650 out of my highly modified Bottlhead Crack (still a head-fier!), but I had to post the latest arrival.  Crites Cornscala B loudspeakers (unfinished birch for now) being driven by either LP12/Eros or MacBook/Rega DAC-R into a Rega Brio-R...a very fun sounding system!  I've been reducing my overall investment in hi-fi but wanted to take the opportunity to try something very different...and the Cornscala B certainly fits the bill!  

They're set up where I normally put things right now and sound great, but I'm going to set them up longways on the rug as well to get more distance between them.  Let the experimenting begin!

Very cool set up man!

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #21,053 of 41,120

Nice looking listening room... please take a photo or two of the equipment rack and post. Looks cool over there, but hard to see.

Apr 30, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #21,054 of 41,120

Trying mojo as a desktop DAC through itube and ican. Very happy with the sound through the T1.2's

Me too, doing the same. Althought with added Audeze's LCD2 and AKG Q701 which both, btw sound excellent. What are you using for connection from Mojo to iTube? Me, personally, optical input (VdH Optocoupler), audioquest 3,5mm - RCA adapter and XLO - iTube - DiMarzio to iCan. I hear the difference, clearly... However, some recordings sound the same or even better directly from Mojo.

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #21,055 of 41,120
Me too, doing the same. Althought with added Audeze's LCD2 and AKG Q701 which both, btw sound excellent. What are you using for connection from Mojo to iTube? Me, personally, optical input (VdH Optocoupler), audioquest 3,5mm - RCA adapter and XLO - iTube - DiMarzio to iCan. I hear the difference, clearly... However, some recordings sound the same or even better directly from Mojo.

I'm using a forza audioworks 3.5mm to rca, decent cable and great length. Enjoying this setup a lot. Probably give it another few weeks and then put the idac back in the loop and figure out what I like better.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #21,057 of 41,120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back