Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #19,742 of 41,050
All milk tastes the same. No one has ever passed a double blind milk test. Just use regular old milk.

Well clearly you have no idea what you are evening tasting for. Those of us who have developed our taste buds know that small batch, locally raised milk, sourced from cows who receive massages 6 times a day, tastes infinitely better than just regular old milk. 

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #19,744 of 41,050
That's great - 100% not serious!!! I buy crazy expensive milk for my kids and while it be better for them since it lacks all sorts of dangerous chemicals, I don't think it tastes any difference than regular old milk. OJ on the other hand - don't get me started!

Mar 7, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #19,746 of 41,050
I'm sorry...  What is this thread about, exactly?

beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #19,747 of 41,050
Mar 7, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #19,749 of 41,050
This bowl of milk is not too old is it?

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #19,750 of 41,050
  This bowl of milk is not too old is it?

It depends on how you define the word milk. Vintage gear has the most taste character, they say.

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #19,751 of 41,050
Since this thread has gone WAY off topic....................

Milk to me is just baby food for another species, not meant for us homo-sapiens. That, plus the allowed amount of puss and blood in the mix and the huge amount of antibiotics added to GMO fed cows and I stay clear away from the stuff now. This after over 40 years of not knowing any of this information kind of really pisses me off and I quit all dairy cold turkey.

Plus, the scientific community is finding out solid evidence that it doesn't do a body good. One such study done recently

Not preaching, just sharing information......... And I mostly expect mods to delete this because it's off topic and off mainstream.

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #19,752 of 41,050
We have a small, artisan dairy around the corner. Their whole milk does not taste like the stuff from the supermarket; it actually has the flavor of milk and tastes more rich. So rich that it leaves a coating in one's mouth. In fact, the dairy's 2% tastes better than the whole milk from the supermarket. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

Edit: I am serious

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #19,753 of 41,050
Since this thread has gone WAY off topic....................

Milk to me is just baby food for another species, not meant for us homo-sapiens. That, plus the allowed amount of puss and blood in the mix and the huge amount of antibiotics added to GMO fed cows and I stay clear away from the stuff now. This after over 40 years of not knowing any of this information kind of really pisses me off and I quit all dairy cold turkey.

Plus, the scientific community is finding out solid evidence that it doesn't do a body good. One such study done recently

Not preaching, just sharing information......... And I mostly expect mods to delete this because it's off topic and off mainstream.

I read the study you linked. They said this in the conclusion...

Given the observational study designs with the inherent possibility of residual confounding and reverse causation phenomena, a cautious interpretation of the results is recommended.

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #19,755 of 41,050
I read the study you linked. They said this in the conclusion...

Given the observational study designs with the inherent possibility of residual confounding and reverse causation phenomena, a cautious interpretation of the results is recommended.

Of course. Many others out there as well. I didn't change my mind without careful, informed consideration............ but as mentioned, back to pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back