Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #11,659 of 41,454
beautifully done, HolyCheese.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #11,661 of 41,454
Just added the HE500 to my collection.  Still breaking in but am really enjoying them.  I think I pretty much have my trifecta of headphones.

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #11,664 of 41,454
I'm thinking of getting a Woo Audio double stand to clear up the space in front of my stack. Without realizing, I've managed to capture every element of my setup, from my DIY power cables' plugs in the corner to my Media Player (Jriver Media Center - highly recommended). The HE-6 has Lawton Audio Denon earpads on. The HD800's cable is DIY from DHC Nucleotide, and the HE-6 has a DIY Toxic Cables 7N silver/gold wire cable. I should be making the opposites (silver/gold for HD800, copper for HE-6) in the next few days. Spring break has just started, and I'm glad to be back home with my soldering equipment. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Apologies for the awkward wall angle - my room's roof is the house's roof, and makes a 45 degree angle.

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #11,665 of 41,454
Quote:
I'm thinking of getting a Woo Audio double stand to clear up the space in front of my stack. Without realizing, I've managed to capture every element of my setup, from my DIY power cables' plugs in the corner to my Media Player (Jriver Media Center - highly recommended). The HE-6 has Lawton Audio Denon earpads on. The HD800's cable is DIY from DHC Nucleotide, and the HE-6 has a DIY Toxic Cables 7N silver/gold wire cable. I should be making the opposites (silver/gold for HD800, copper for HE-6) in the next few days. Spring break has just started, and I'm glad to be back home with my soldering equipment. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Apologies for the awkward wall angle - my room's roof is the house's roof, and makes a 45 degree angle.

Where's that tube amp?

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #11,666 of 41,454
Actually, the HD700 and HE500 compliment each other; they're not opposites. Probably closer than you'd guess just reading about them.. HE500 is not a bassy headphone and I wouldn't call the HD700 bright.. a little more on top but still quite smooth with great soundstage.   Yes, tried the M100 on the Lyr.. pretty awesome but it's mostly regulated to my MacBook Air and iPad Mini. Fun headphone but doesn't compare to the other two.
I think I'm set for headphones.. now the Woo WA7 is calling my name..
Quote:
You've got a bright pair, a bass-heavy pair, and a pair with some good musicality in the mids. I'd say you're set 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Out of curiosity, have you used the M-100 with the Lyr? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #11,667 of 41,454
I'll be very interested in copper vs silver/gold cable comparison with the He-6 
wink.gif
. Did you also use the silver solder that frank included in his silver wire sale?
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #11,669 of 41,454
I've just finished making a balanced Y-Split to use both headphones at same time. It makes me avoid having to fiddle behind the headphone stands when I want to swap, and should be useful when I invite friends over. :wink:

I've used different color XLR connectors for the two inputs, that match with the headphones' cables' connectors. That way, even if I find myself using 2 cables that look alike, I can still tell them apart in an instant. I've used all black for the HE-6 and silver/black for the HD800.

The wire is Toxic Cables silver/gold, but I think I will make another with copper for one half and silver/gold for the other once I decide which one I prefer with which.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back