Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #11,641 of 41,454
Here's the thing with the Loricraft. It does just as good a job as any other vacuum cleaner but it's a bit of a double edged sword. 

It's horrendously slow, and still manual fluid application at a very high price. It takes a long time per side because the vacuum is in the wand, thus it has to go over the whole record (almost like playing it) to clean each side. It's not quite that slow, but it's not a 1 minute process from start to finish like a VPI or NitGrit. 

But...it's very quiet. Quiet enough to clean records while listening to other records. Most of the other on the market you should probably wear protective hearing for. They're kind of stupidly loud. 

Quote:

Loricraft, that's it! I just looked that up, yeah, that's the one what Fred has, one of their models, probably the most expensive one. If I had to get one, that's the one I would get, but it's pretty expensive...I don't know, maybe a good investment?

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #11,642 of 41,454
Quote:
Here's the thing with the Loricraft. It does just as good a job as any other vacuum cleaner but it's a bit of a double edged sword. 

It's horrendously slow, and still manual fluid application at a very high price. It takes a long time per side because the vacuum is in the wand, thus it has to go over the whole record (almost like playing it) to clean each side. It's not quite that slow, but it's not a 1 minute process from start to finish like a VPI or NitGrit. 

But...it's very quiet. Quiet enough to clean records while listening to other records. Most of the other on the market you should probably wear protective hearing for. They're kind of stupidly loud. 

I think I should go with the VPI 16.5 or 17; 17 probably, not right now because I'm not really listening to records that much currently, but I always do and I will be much more as I get older (it's more expensive than CD's). As you mentioned in another thread a while ago, getting into Vinyl is a like a disease, it's just better than what any DAC/digital file combo can ever achieve, and addictive. 
redface.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #11,643 of 41,454
Yup. Once you accept that it's the most rewarding part of this hobby (at least I think so).

Quote:

I think I should go with the VPI 16.5 or 17; 17 probably, not right now because I'm not really listening to records that much currently, but I always do and I will be much more as I get older (it's more expensive than CD's). As you mentioned in another thread a while ago, getting into Vinyl is a like a disease, it's just better than what any DAC/digital file combo can ever achieve, and addictive. 
redface.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #11,644 of 41,454
I'd recommend the KAB EV1 (again) over the spin clean. $200, and cleans as well as any other vacuum RCM. Fully manual though, so it'll take a while to clean a large collection.

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #11,645 of 41,454
Mar 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #11,646 of 41,454
Quote:
I mean, I've got great taste in music, if I do say so myself. 

tongue.gif

Quote:
I approve of your record choices Morbid

beerchug.gif

Congrats MT! YES, you do gots great taste in music. Will likely recognize the remaining 90% of your titles one day. Eventually, you'll get around to featuring Norah's sister AND that's when I'll come 'round bangin' on yo' (_____edit____) door! 
biggrin.gif

900x900px-LL-d451ebd4_anoushka-shankar-01-Copy.jpeg

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #11,653 of 41,454
Quote:

Just an Audio gd nfb12. Cant bring any of my heavier gear with me to UK.

On low gain, baroque and most well-recorded classical the volume knob is around 9-10 o'clock, metal (aka compressed stuff) is around 8 o'clock. High gain doesn't give much control with the knob. I'm a pretty low volume listener btw. 

IMHO you should go with a lower watt amp. I've had the He-500 and even the Nfb12 can drive it to ear splitting level @ 10 o'clock. Most of the well-regarded T-amp using TA2020 or 2024 (trends 10.2se, HLLY) should give you plenty of power and control with the knob. Most people seem to favor the TA2020 even though it's the older chip in the t-amp line-up.

Thanks, very much appreciated. I've tried my Rega Mira 3 which is rated at 61w/8ohm. The volume control works very well and is around 10-11 o'clock but mids are a bit too forward. I will have to look at some of the smaller Tripath models :)

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #11,654 of 41,454
Here's my current situation, I'm going to put on some shelves for headphones and books so it'll all change soon. I wil have to figure something out for the cable mess too. Maybe a powered usb hub or something :)

Lol, the lens was very dirty. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back