Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #9,301 of 41,238
Quote:
ikr xD

I'm actually currently about to start looking getting a entry Level Tube Amp to go with a Pair of a Good DAC

I'm sorry, but what has that got to do with a beefed up Simon Cowell joke?? Am I missing something
blink.gif

Hah! I think I've got it. Are you getting a pair of Cowell phones and getting an amp to go with em? And a dac?

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #9,304 of 41,238
Quote:
ikr xD

I'm actually currently about to start looking getting a entry Level Tube Amp to go with a Pair of a Good DAC

Quote:
Here (PSii) is your entry level tube amp. 

ahhh I see. Thanks Loevhagen.  Also Mshenay, the Little Dot1+ is a great starter tube amp for the money too. Loads of info on the thread of the same name.
beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #9,305 of 41,238
If you browse, you'll see that this can be bought assembled for some added cost. I'm lazy; so I bought it assembled. $249. No brainer when I hear what it can do. On a Norwegian forum, several members have bought this - and man ... this little amp is a gem. :) It is my default HE-500 amp. Hands down. 

PostScript: I use a Siemens NOS tube. 
Quote:
isn't this diy?

Oct 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #9,307 of 41,238
I love my cfcubed built CTH with my T50RPs and am planning on pairing them with HE-400. I honestly cant' recomend one enough. It's a great entry level tube amp. I also have an Indeed tube amp which is stock and no where near as good. Definitely has a lot of potential to be modded though.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #9,310 of 41,238
Quote:
New addition to the family:

Next up a new 27" iMac when they're released in December. 
smile.gif

Sweet MH!! Congrats on the new addition.....

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #9,312 of 41,238
I have a few new additions.  My iPod Classic 160 GB and Pure i-20 dock were delivered today.  A few weeks ago, I put some new feet on my Asgard (stick on) and then got a little more daring my with Trafomatic.  I took the bottom plate off to drill larger holes to screw new feet into that.  I wanted isolation cones.  Plus, the original handmade feet were uneven and wobbled.

Overall, I'm digging my setup.  I think I'm done for awhile.  The path of my main rig is listed in my signature. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #9,313 of 41,238
Sweet! Congrats! I've heard the 007 and would love to hear the 009.  Enjoy!!
Next up for me is the new MacMini with the Fusion drive.
Quote:
New addition to the family:

Next up a new 27" iMac when they're released in December. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back