Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #8,567 of 41,463
lol...

what is with all of these contradictions in lots of these headfi setups? I am seeing high quality tube amplifiers, thousands of dollars worth of headphones and then off to the side, xbox 360's, mac's, ipads and beatles posters. I thought headfi was a place inhabited with people that have good taste?

edit: not a beatles fan, or an apple fan.

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #8,572 of 41,463
Quote:
Before being able to borrow, fellow Head-Fier's need to know that you are high class and have good taste, as that is what we are all about.  Try posting a picture of your monocle collection for starters so we can get to know you.

Thanks. And by high class do you mean I have to eat imported russian caviar while sipping Chteau Margaux with my pinky raised? Or do you mean respectful of other peoples equipment and trustworthy?

edit: you are funny. I like you.

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #8,575 of 41,463
Quote:
 I can't imagine Aphex Twin on vinyl. Do you have his Selected Ambient works 85-92? It is an amazing album. Very atmospheric. Listen to Xtal while you are going to sleep. Your life will change forever.  

I went to sleep listening to an Austrian experimental/industrial band called Gothmog in 1989 and had the most disturbing dreams I've ever experienced without chemical influence. That changed my life. I'll never go to sleep listening to anything remotely disturbing ever again!

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #8,576 of 41,463
:D I had to have a bit of fun when I realized I'd have 2 in the house for a few days. I knew the Head-fi collective would poop when I posted that. 

Quote:
Most people could never in their life afford one pair of 009's. And MT over here goes out and lays 10g's on two pair. Whatever you are doing for yourself... it's obviously working.

edit: I see he borrowed a pair. Still jelly.

Lustmord is another awesome thing like that to listen to when going to bed. Great nightmares from that stuff, and by great I mean horrible.

Quote:
I went to sleep listening to an Austrian experimental/industrial band called Gothmog in 1989 and had the most disturbing dreams I've ever experienced without chemical influence. That changed my life. I'll never go to sleep listening to anything remotely disturbing ever again!

I've actually got 4, I just didn't want to make you guys too jealous. :wink: Gotta stockpile them now since all the Stax CHINA fiasco. :D

Quote:
I heard MT has two...

I have 85-92, Selected Ambient 2, I Care Because You Do, and Richard D. James Album. Looking at getting Classics soon. I had a copy on hold at my local store for awhile but never went to pick it up. $50 was steep. Stupid imports.

As for sleeping to stuff like that...Not really a great idea. Though I haven't had a dream in over 10 years that I actually remember. 

Quote:
 I can't imagine Aphex Twin on vinyl. Do you have his Selected Ambient works 85-92? It is an amazing album. Very atmospheric. Listen to Xtal while you are going to sleep. Your life will change forever.  

That's what I did. I actually had to make sure he knew I was serious. So I welded 2 monocles together and then attached them via solid gold plated caviar bars (yes, gold plated caviar) to my ears.

He knew was an upstanding gentleman I was at that point. He actually offered me his house as well as he thought I was much better suited for it than he, but I decided to let him keep it. I'm just that good of a guy.

Quote:
Before being able to borrow, fellow Head-Fier's need to know that you are high class and have good taste, as that is what we are all about.  Try posting a picture of your monocle collection for starters so we can get to know you.

The fact he could drive about 20 minutes and kick in my door if I 'borrowed' them too long might help. Seriously though, try to find guys you live close to you. They're usually much more willing to let you come over/borrow stuff.

I've also given him well over 7 grand of my money, that might help.

Quote:
Where can I borrow me some 009's?

You're seeing...the best console on the market, computers that tend to gravitate towards the 'artsy' type (i.e. music nerds), the best giant universal remote out there, and one of the most well known bands in the world?

Yes, I'm sure that means they all have bad taste. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
lol...

what is with all of these contradictions in lots of these headfi setups? I am seeing high quality tube amplifiers, thousands of dollars worth of headphones and then off to the side, xbox 360's, mac's, ipads and beatles posters. I thought headfi was a place inhabited with people that have good taste?

edit: not a beatles fan, or an apple fan.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #8,578 of 41,463
Thanks. And by high class do you mean I have to eat imported russian caviar while sipping Chteau Margaux with my pinky raised? Or do you mean respectful of other peoples equipment

DragonOwen can hook you up with the caviar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back