Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #8,581 of 41,463

You're seeing...the best console on the market, computers that tend to gravitate towards the 'artsy' type (i.e. music nerds), the best giant universal remote out there, and one of the most well known bands in the world?

Yes, I'm sure that means they all have bad taste. 
rolleyes.gif

I was using your " I have two 009's lets see how long this comment can troll people" method by saying the beatles suck. Only their early work sucks. Let it be is a wonderful song. But they are a vastly overrated band. And apple products are just sub par pc's for computer illiterate people that have lots of money. I spend 800 dollars on my pc and not only does it look nicer, but it will out perform the most expensive mac pro in any area that a computer can top another. Oh, and it sounds better... way better.  Apple is consumer grade garbage that all the little hipster sheep and gullible soccer moms line up for year after year for so they can waste their money and think they have bragging rights.

btw... the rolling stones >>>>>>> the beatles any day of the week. The beatles are a highbrow boy band for old hippies. Aftermath and let it bleed >>>>> anything the beatles have ever created.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #8,582 of 41,463
Quote:
I was using your " I have two 009's lets see how long this comment can troll people" method by saying the beatles suck. Only their early work sucks. Let it be is a wonderful song. But they are a vastly overrated band. And apple products are just sub par pc's for computer illiterate people that have lots of money. I spend 800 dollars on my pc and not only does it look nicer, but it will out perform the most expensive mac pro in any area that a computer can top another. Oh, and it sounds better... way better.  Apple is consumer grade garbage that all the little hipster sheep and gullible soccer moms line up for year after year for so they can waste their money and think they have bragging rights.

btw... the rolling stones >>>>>>> the beatles any day of the week. The beatles are a highbrow boy band for old hippies. Aftermath and let it bleed >>>>> anything the beatles have ever created.

Fair enough. Just don't get your subjective opinion on the Beatles mixed up with objective analysis. Some people around here make that mistake and end up losing respect for their feedback because everyone knows it will be subjectively biased. :wink:

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #8,583 of 41,463
Quote:
. And apple products are just sub par pc's for computer illiterate people that have lots of money. I spend 800 dollars on my pc and not only does it look nicer, but it will out perform the most expensive mac pro in any area that a computer can top another. Oh, and it sounds better... way better.  Apple is consumer grade garbage that all the little hipster sheep and gullible soccer moms line up for year after year for so they can waste their money and think they have bragging rights.

Way to defend you Anti-Apple view points. the Mac Pro's are the only thing
that are vastly over-rated and overpriced. But they're also a professional tool.

There's plenty of knowledgable people here that use both. for video editing, programming,
servers, etc. Your comments are a little hasty and don't qualify as being meaningful. But enjoy. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #8,584 of 41,463
Quote:
Way to defend you Anti-Apple view points. the Mac Pro's are the only thing
that are vastly over-rated and overpriced. But they're also a professional tool.

There's plenty of knowledgable people here that use both. for video editing, programming,
servers, etc. Your comments are a little hasty and don't qualify as being meaningful. But enjoy. 
biggrin.gif

I've owned Apple products since the IIc in 1984 (yeah, I know I'm old) and IMO they're as good as tech/human interface gets period IME. Oh and IME, not fact as others would have us believe. 
mad.gif

I love the Beatles, Rolling Stones and feel one doesn't have to love one and hate the other. That said, I'd take Floyd over either band. 
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #8,585 of 41,463
Quote:

I've owned Apple products since the IIc in 1984 (yeah, I know I'm old) and IMO they're as good as tech/human interface gets period IME. Oh and IME, not fact as others would have us believe. 
mad.gif

The only fact is that the PowerPC processor Macs used to use was indeed superior to Intel/AMD/x86. But that is no more the case now that they've moved to Intel.

They're moving to ARM-based procs in the future (replacing OSX with iOS) which will be yet another step down in pure processing power.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #8,586 of 41,463
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #8,587 of 41,463
I am taking out built up angst from all of the know nothing apple enthusiasts  who try to tell me that pc's suck when there are hundreds of thousands of computers and companies out there. Anything you can do on a mac, you can do on a pc, just as well... for half the price. I can't stand it when people tell me they are better for photography, music listening, editing or recording music... it's just not true. It depends on the computer and how it is built. And forget tablets. Forget them. There are computers that cost much more than mine, but I will out preform them because with a little bit of research (something apple enthusiasts don't care for) you can make every internal piece of hardware work in harmony like those giant lego machines that people build.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #8,588 of 41,463
Quote:

The only fact is that the PowerPC processor Macs used to use was indeed superior to Intel/AMD/x86. But that is no more the case now that they've moved to Intel.

They're moving to ARM-based procs in the future (replacing OSX with iOS) which will be yet another step down in pure processing power.

So you're saying the PowerPC processors were better than the i7 currently. 
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #8,589 of 41,463
Quote:
I am taking out built up angst from all of the know nothing apple enthusiasts  who try to tell me that pc's suck when there are hundreds of thousands of computers and companies out there. Anything you can do on a mac, you can do on a pc, just as well... for half the price. I can't stand it when people tell me they are better for photography, music listening, editing or recording music... it's just not true. It depends on the computer and how it is built. And forget tablets. Forget them. There are computers that cost much more than mine, but I will out preform them because with a little bit of research (something apple enthusiasts don't care for) you can make every internal piece of hardware work in harmony like those giant lego machines that people build.

Its leftovers from the days when Macs ran on PowerPC processors which were in fact better than Intel/x86 for heavy tasks like video and photo editing. That is no longer the case. Photoshop on Windows 7 runs just as well as it does on Mac thanks to them now sharing the same underlying hardware. At this point its a matter of which operating system you prefer and whether you feel like the heavy markup on Macs is worth it. (I don't BTW).

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #8,590 of 41,463
Quote:

Sigh.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #8,591 of 41,463
Quote:
So you're saying the PowerPC processors were better than the i7 currently. 
tongue.gif

Yes a modern day IBM PowerPC proc would wipe the floor with an i7. :wink:

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #8,592 of 41,463
Quote:

Anytime you want to take your crusade elsewhere...

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #8,594 of 41,463
I've owned Apple products since the IIc in 1984 (yeah, I know I'm old) and IMO they're as good as tech/human interface gets period IME. Oh and IME, not fact as others would have us believe. :mad:

I love the Beatles, Rolling Stones and feel one doesn't have to love one and hate the other. That said, I'd take Floyd over either band. :wink:

Yep, Apple II for me now enjoying a MBPro( and a couple others) I have a PC too....as the Beatles would say they all "Come Together" just fine on the home network.

The best part now are their role for storing hi Rez files and letting me listen to the whole collection without looking the right CD case. :D

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #8,595 of 41,463
Quote:
I was referring to the PowerPC chipsets from the old Mac days.

Well they're still in use today in applications where processing power is more important than power consumption (for ex the PS3) and yes they still offer superior processing power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back