Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #5,641 of 41,202

Quote:

Eh, no. Grado sent it over.

Anyway, I'll be posting a new photo of my setup in just a few minutes. I completely re-arranged everything...again.

Grado sent a $1695 pair of headphones to a minor for a blog review?

Plenty of companies have sent him stuff. Heck the loaner programs have sent more expensive gear to lesser known members.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #5,642 of 41,202
Time to get this thread on track. Anyway, here is my "personal" setup. X-DAC - Woo 6 - Whiplash Audio TWag V2 - HD650. The sound of this setup is excellent, the HD650's have a signature off this setup that is too die for.

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #5,643 of 41,202
How do you like the x dac? I been thinking of getting a second dac in case my current one ever has any issues. I'm still early in the process of deciding budget but something like the x dac does seem pretty interesting.

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #5,644 of 41,202

Quote:
How do you like the x dac? I been thinking of getting a second dac in case my current one ever has any issues. I'm still early in the process of deciding budget but something like the x dac does seem pretty interesting.

The X-DAC is an excellent DAC. Although I fear it may make your HD800 appear bright and edgy. It's a very resolved, detailed, and extremely extended DAC in both ranges.

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #5,645 of 41,202
I've heard rumors of this bright and edgy HD800. I'd rather not experience that :p Of course I should probably determine budget since I've gone from 400ish to over 1k on how much I want to spend.

Hopefully I'll have something to add to this thread tomorrow after work :)

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #5,647 of 41,202

New bedside set up for awhile. Since I can't use the Calyx in my 2ch system yet there's no need to be without a bedside rig for now. 

Now using Audirvana Plus and really liking it. Rocking some 24/96 Moving Pictures right now. Going to replace the stand the Macbook is on soon with something a bit more nice looking and low profile. 

Nice to finally be able to sit in bed and listen.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #5,648 of 41,202

Quote:
Plenty of companies have sent him stuff. Heck the loaner programs have sent more expensive gear to lesser known members.

I'm sure that's true. As I told him in a PM, I give him credit for being resourceful enough to make that happen. I'm just surprised that Grado would do that.

Anyway, here is the newest addition to my headphone rig....just picked it up from my P.O. Box 30 mins ago...another Larry Dale original.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #5,650 of 41,202
Same as it's been for awhile now. No proper preamp (digital pre via XDA-1). The Calyx cleaned me out for awhile but I should get a proper pre in there soon and it'll be getting more love. 

So...iMac > XDA-1 > UPA-1 Monos > MMGs

I'd have it already if someone would buy my CD player. ;~;

After the pre upgrade I'll be adding a SB Touch, Turntable (finally), and Mac Mini.

Quote:
Quote:

The LF has a real nice look to it. How's your speaker setup doing?

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #5,651 of 41,202
MorbidToaster - That setup looks absolutely fantastic, and a amazing bedside rig at that. Good to listen to some music in the wee hours of the night.

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #5,653 of 41,202
I rearranged my bedside rig a bit:

My other 2 home headphones (LCD2 rev.2 and the HE-500's) are on banana hangers on the lower level of that nightstand my monitor, HD800's, and HP-P1 are sitting on.  Not sure if I want to frame that print before I hang it up or not.

Apr 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #5,654 of 41,202

Quote:
I rearranged my bedside rig a bit:

[snip]

My other 2 home headphones (LCD2 rev.2 and the HE-500's) are on banana hangers on the lower level of that nightstand my monitor, HD800's, and HP-P1 are sitting on.  Not sure if I want to frame that print before I hang it up or not.

Your bedside setup looks like its in dire need of a NAS and some kind of wireless player such as the Squeezebox Touch.  That's a lot of gear for a bedside though, hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back