Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #4,489 of 41,119
I love looking at other people's setups!
 A bit different now here.
New spotless restored/tweaked vintage Lafayette amp and Teac EQA-5.

Tied into this stuff about 5 feet away. rest of headphones, TT's and vinyl, cd's, cassettes elsewhere.

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #4,490 of 41,119
Fresh pics of my vinyl rig/stereo that I just took <1hr ago.

Left speaker:

Right speaker:

Receiver:

Between the Lenovo X200 tablet laptop (for school, rented from them) with the Strange Music logo/decal on the back and the receiver is my PS Audio DLIII DAC, I decided to try it with my stereo and it fits in nicely. I'm enjoying it.

Darker and a bit more detailed pic of the receiver:

Turntable:

Ortofon Omega cartridge, sorry it wasn't quite in focus, good budget cartridge, worth $30 to start you off IMO

I love knowing I can play any record of any speed or size on this turntable...

My messy excuse of cable management:

My APC UPS power supply/battery backup

Dual CS-5000 Turntable
JVC R-X500B Receiver
Polk Audio Monitor 10 speakers (not sure which version of them, they have a dome tweeter, all I know)

I inherited this setup when my neighbor passed away just from old age. For nothing at all. The turntable even had a Shure V15V-MR cartridge on it and it sounded great but the stylus is torn to shreds apparently and why buy a new $50 only to find the money wasted because the cartridge is worn out anyway? So I'm on my $30 Ortofon Omega cartridge.

The cassette tapes, VHS and CDs behind the right speaker are all my Dad's except the top shelf of CDs with the tall DVD case at the beginning of the stack, which are my CDs, and I have like 4 more that don't fit in there.

There ya go, my friends! I've already posted pics of my headphone setup, and if you want more pics, I have plenty more of this stereo that are a lot brighter and a lot darker (I bracket my photographs) if you want more cool looking pics to store for whatever reason, I don't mind. I saw Tilpo had an album on their (her or his?) blog of some headphone setups that had been posted around for instance. I'll also take more of my/my Dad's actual record collection too.

My Dad bought a bunch of those power supplies from Amazon one day. He has one at his work, I have one in my bedroom behind my computer rig/battlestation some might call it, and this one here behind the stereo. I don't need the battery backup, but the extra surge protection is nice I guess.

Happy Head-Fi browsing and music listening!

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #4,491 of 41,119
No headphones
confused.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #4,492 of 41,119
Feb 26, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #4,493 of 41,119
Thanks for quoting the pictures again. I missed them the first time two posts above yours.

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #4,496 of 41,119

Quote:
No headphones
confused.gif

I posted them up some while ago, if you feel like scrolling back a month or so, I'm too lazy to here at 4am lol

Quote:
Your stereo rig has come a long way from when you posted your first pic. I salute you, sir 
beerchug.gif

Thanks! I'm likin' it! I moved everything to the table in the back just because it looks cooler to me, like a command center behind me, but I don't get to watch my records play :frowning2:
Also, I need to figure out my seating arrangement and also I hate how the sound loses some quality if I lay back a few inches in the recliner vs. upright, but I'll probably get used to it.

My next upgrade (besides a new cartridge, I'm trading in some stuff at a local shop today/tomorrow [Sunday, technically today but the day hasn't started yet for me and some others I assume, so whatever floats your boat I guess lol] and maybe I'll get a new cartridge and a reel-to-reel! :D) would be a new amp, since I bet my soundstage could be a lot better with a new amp and a correct distance from the speakers. I have my recliner in front of and enclosed inside my sectional couch, so I feel kinda pushed up close but it sounds right, but I'll have to measure everything out. The TV there, which needs to be there for when guests stay here, and that window make things look off center when I measure stuff out, and it just doesn't feel right. I'll figure it out someday. I'm glad you remember! :)

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #4,499 of 41,119
With my latest purchase Audiolab 8200CD cd player and dac

55ca1586-241e-d5f6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back