Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #4,186 of 41,202

Quote:
Quote:
I never understood this.

Planars don't have physical movement that needs to be dampened, but they still present an electrical load to the amp, which can affect frequency response.

Is this correct?

But the load across the frequency spectrum is flat with orthos...quite different from most regular dynamics:

The curve you see in the frequency response plot is due to the mechanical resonance of the dynamic driver. I do think that impedance matching is still reasonably important for orthos, an amp, headphone impedance mismatch will create a standing wave which in turn causes signal attenuation. I think the reason why you like the high impedance tap because orthos require a high voltage swing from the amplifier. Since V=iR, if R is big, i can be small to cause a big V. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #4,190 of 41,202
You have a picture of a Crack pinned to your cubicle wall. 
beerchug.gif
  Hilarious.

Quote:
Office set up: K702, Grado 225, Yulong D100 (under the computer), EF2A, and MB Pro running Fidelia (with Redline monitor). Still enjoying the EF2A as an alternate amp (with the D100's dac output). This will do until I get in the Beyer 880/600 +Senn 600 and the Bottlehead Crack later this month. Then I should be done for a while.* **

*barring a windfall or loss of control on my part. 
** sorry about the crappy cellphone pic.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #4,192 of 41,202
Got my Little dot mkVII+ and Matrix Mini-i DAC today. Running fully balanced with reterminated stock cable. I must say i´m impressed, the 650:s are like a new pair of headphones. So much and well controlled bass it´s insane compared to running it from the mkIII.
The DAC is alot better than what i had earlier. Hopefully i will be satisfied for some time now (my wallet doesn´t like me anymore).

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #4,196 of 41,202
What make is that lamp? It's really cool looking.

Quote:
Got my Little dot mkVII+ and Matrix Mini-i DAC today. Running fully balanced with reterminated stock cable. I must say i´m impressed, the 650:s are like a new pair of headphones. So much and well controlled bass it´s insane compared to running it from the mkIII.
The DAC is alot better than what i had earlier. Hopefully i will be satisfied for some time now (my wallet doesn´t like me anymore).

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #4,198 of 41,202

Quote:
Just got my first audio setup! This site has been amazing in helping me choose the components, thanks all!

Veeerrrry nice!  What item is that on the right?  It looks impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back