Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #4,201 of 41,104
did you get it custom made or what have you

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #4,203 of 41,104
....yeah I don't understand any of that

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #4,205 of 41,104
i have a crappy case compared to those :frowning2:

coolermaster haf 922.

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #4,206 of 41,104
Woooooah. You take that back. The 932 is a fantastic case, though not quite as clean looking. You could mount a ton of 120 LCD fans in it if you so desired.

If you want clean get yourself a nice Lian Li and mod it a bit.

EDIT: Leaving the post as proof I can't read. The 922 is still a nice case, and I stand by the Lian Li recommendation.

Quote:
i have a crappy case compared to those :frowning2:

coolermaster haf 922.

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #4,207 of 41,104

Quote:
Clean aesthetics is the dream. I spent plenty of time stealth modding my fan controller and Blu Ray drive.

I did the same with my dvd drive on my first tower (which was a 922 as well Dubstep Girl) and I refused to go back afterwards. Yours is absolutely gorgeousm meshes seamlessly with the rest of the case. It probably helps that it's a Silverstone lol.

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #4,208 of 41,104
I did the same with my dvd drive on my first tower (which was a 922 as well Dubstep Girl) and I refused to go back afterwards. Yours is absolutely gorgeousm meshes seamlessly with the rest of the case. It probably helps that it's a Silverstone lol.

Thanks, stealth modding ftw :beerchug: The case is a Coolermaster ATCS 840. I added a Silverstone CFP51 for an additional 120mm fan intake. I've got two 480s that I didn't want to water cool so I had to get creative with the airflow to keep the rig cool and quiet.

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #4,210 of 41,104
Sorry for the super late response, I had to spend this last week moving out of my apartment.

Props for recognizing the pic of Hank. Yeah, big big big fan myself, but you probably could guess that in my choice of avatars. I have to say despite Bukowski's subject matter and rep, he was a literary genius in the highest of forms. And I still find that true after studying at one of the top English programs in the country. I love his short stories, maybe not more than his novels or poetry, but yeah, they're definitely amazing. I think his short stories seem to stand out so much because unlike novels, there's just not a lot of great short story writers out there. Women and Factotum are my favorite novels, and Tales of Ordinary Madness is simply an all-time great. You might try checking out Betting on the Muse, which is a huge collection of his poems and short stories.

Yup, that right, getting all literary up in head-fi.

Quote:
ALways thought about investing in the clip but I honestly listen to 90% of my music from my laptop so it wouldn't be worth the investment. I'm a huge Bukowski fan. What are your favorite works by him?

Quote:
Ham on rye is great but tales of ordinary madness is great. I prefer his short story collections over his novels. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #4,212 of 41,104
I've joined the portable rig insanity. My set-up while I'm in Australia for the holidays:

iPhone or iPod digital out
Fostex HP-P1 DAC/amp
Triad Audio L3 amp.
Symphones Magnums (modded Grados)

It is rather crazy, but taking all of it on chance the result has been surprisingly good.

"Portable" rig insanity indeed. Nice one Currawong. LOL

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #4,213 of 41,104
very nice. wish i could get into electrostats. but i don't know how good the cheaper ones are. plus i would buy a GES as well.

I feel exactly the same way. Anyone want to tell us how lower end(under $1000) Stax compare to other cans in their price range.
Any links, ive been trying to search this to no avail forever.

SR202/207 with the accompanying amp is excellent and fairly cheap ~ $400-500

I prefer the 202 to the 303 and 404.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #4,214 of 41,104
Woooooah. You take that back. The 932 is a fantastic case, though not quite as clean looking. You could mount a ton of 120 LCD fans in it if you so desired.

If you want clean get yourself a nice Lian Li and mod it a bit.

EDIT: Leaving the post as proof I can't read. The 922 is still a nice case, and I stand by the Lian Li recommendation.

they have great cable management and air flow but look like poop in my opinion. i like lian-li cases but for some reason i been wanting a antec P183 case as well. i been wanting to replace my crappy antec 900 i had for years(i was younger and liked the flashly lights i will admit. now just plain annoying). the antec 900 though has nice air flow and big enough to fit 11'' and 12'' gpus(fits my 5870 with more then enough room to spare. was worried when the 5870 launched at the time cause the size of it is just beastly).

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #4,215 of 41,104
I'll agree they look crappy, but for airflow and cables I haven't used anything better. 

Lian Li has got to be my favorite though. Looks wise. I might build a fanfree music server in one later this year.

Quote:
they have great cable management and air flow but look like poop in my opinion. i like lian-li cases but for some reason i been wanting a antec P183 case as well. i been wanting to replace my crappy antec 900 i had for years(i was younger and liked the flashly lights i will admit. now just plain annoying). the antec 900 though has nice air flow and big enough to fit 11'' and 12'' gpus(fits my 5870 with more then enough room to spare. was worried when the 5870 launched at the time cause the size of it is just beastly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back