Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #4,231 of 40,991

Quote:
is that an srm-252? if so, how does it power the 007a?

It works fine actually. Bass and treble extension is not lost, it's just that the headphone sounds a little flat. Not enough dynamic range...

Quote:
Well done everyone!  Very impressive setups.
smily_headphones1.gif

How are you finding the Audinst's DAC section?
Nice!  I'll have to listen to a turn table based rig one of these days.

The Audinst's Dac section is pretty decent. It definitely glosses over some fine details and has less bass than I would like, but it is a great small solution in a box. Very good for travellers :D

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #4,232 of 40,991

Quote:
The Audinst's Dac section is pretty decent. It definitely glosses over some fine details and has less bass than I would like, but it is a great small solution in a box. Very good for travellers :D

If you're open to trying something new, the HRT Music Streamer II is absolutely fantastic.  At $150, it's a bargain for its performance, IMO.  It also pretty much fits into a pocket so it would be even better than the Audinst for portability.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #4,233 of 40,991

Quote:
180 bucks is insane, too rich for my blood. I heard they were expensive but that just sounds crazy to me. I'm sure its top quality wood and craftsmanship but at the end of the day it's still a headphone stand. I thought the woo audio stands were on the expensive side, I guess you can call them competitively priced. I'll stick with my custom stands thanks for the info though.

Asian knock-offs of pretty decent quality are available for ~$50.  See my earlier photos for one.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #4,238 of 40,991

Quote:
I'm on the same boat as you guys.  I've been looking at Fractal Design, Corsair, and Silverstone cases myself.  I have the Cooler Master HAF 912, which is a great little case, but I want something more sleek as this thing has way to many LEDs in it.

I would definitely recommend the R3 from Fractal Design. I'm not well versed in cases, but this replaced my ancient Antec case and has been all positives since I got it. Quiet and sleek is what I was looking for and that's what I got with the OEM case and a few Noctua fans.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #4,239 of 40,991

Quote:

I would definitely recommend the R3 from Fractal Design. I'm not well versed in cases, but this replaced my ancient Antec case and has been all positives since I got it. Quiet and sleek is what I was looking for and that's what I got with the OEM case and a few Noctua fans.

For sure, same here!  Quiet almost feels like a must for me since my case can get loud, unfortunately.  I am really considering either the Fractal Design R3 or the Corsair 600T White as a future chasis.

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #4,240 of 40,991

Quote:
For sure, same here!  Quiet almost feels like a must for me since my case can get loud, unfortunately.  I am really considering either the Fractal Design R3 or the Corsair 600T White as a future chasis.

The 600T is a nice case but it´s neither sleek nor quiet. Now i know they made some changes on the fans for later models (white ones are definitly later revision) so it could have gotten better, but between those two i would go for the Fractal if you are searching for something quiet.
Can also recommend Nzxt:s H2 as a alternative in the quiet department.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #4,241 of 40,991

two quick shots with my mobile (sorry!). Most of the electronics are hidden (along with the Benchmark DAC1),showing the Lyr, squeezebox touch, LCD-2 rev1 on the omega zebrano stand and the ATH-W3000ANV on the Woo stand.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #4,244 of 40,991
Carver Magnetic Field Power Amplifier Model M-200t
Carver Preamplifier C-2
Carver Fm/Am Synthesized Tuner Model TX-2
Carver TL-3300 Compact Disc Player

Boston Acoustics A400 3-way Loud Speaker System

Computer Set-up

HP ED808aa 2.1 Speaker System
HP Harman/Kardon Satellite Speakers
And of course the Sony MDR-XB500 Headphones

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #4,245 of 40,991
I love Carver gear. I have some of my own and it's fantastic. I actually can't use the power amp in my apartment because it blows the circuit instantly. D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back