Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #40,683 of 41,057
How you like Silver Fox compared to Agartha?

I always curious about A&S , so hard to get demo unit of them here in SEA

p.s: I like Silver Fox more than Cayin HA300-II, which is also 300B amp with similar price.
Refresh my memory, you only used the stock tubes in the HA300MK2 right? I am looking for comparisons, as I love the sound of my HA, and I am most likely going to be buying a Silver Fox soon.

I am not using the stock tubes, and my HA300MK2 sounds way better than it's stock sound, so I wonder how much "better" or different the SF can be to what I am currently hearing. . .It's so hard to get a feel for people's impressions of a tube amp vs. SS, when the tubes used can make such a difference, and especially in amps of this caliber.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #40,684 of 41,057
At my work desk..Piety with Shanling M3X. Pairs well with Nightjar Singularity.
IMG_1811.jpeg

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #40,685 of 41,057
IMG_1227.jpeg
IMG_1228.jpeg

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #40,688 of 41,057
Refresh my memory, you only used the stock tubes in the HA300MK2 right? I am looking for comparisons, as I love the sound of my HA, and I am most likely going to be buying a Silver Fox soon.

I am not using the stock tubes, and my HA300MK2 sounds way better than it's stock sound, so I wonder how much "better" or different the SF can be to what I am currently hearing. . .It's so hard to get a feel for people's impressions of a tube amp vs. SS, when the tubes used can make such a difference, and especially in amps of this caliber.
Yeah, for the sake of "fair" comparison I used HA300-II with all standard out of the box package. I did listened HA-300 II few times with Elrog 300B and Elrog Mo, but on different occasions, and no Silver Fox around for direct comparison.

Actually some of my friends here prefer HA300 II (all standard tubes) than Fox, although majority of us prefer Fox. Always back to subjective taste indeed. HA300 II is more to romantic and forgiving type of sound, while Silver Fox deliver stronger bite/punch notes, clearer separation and better control overall.

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #40,689 of 41,057
How you like Silver Fox compared to Agartha?

I always curious about A&S , so hard to get demo unit of them here in SEA

p.s: I like Silver Fox more than Cayin HA300-II, which is also 300B amp with similar price.
It’s hard to compare them directly since they are different beasts. There are also a lot of variables, tube selection being one for the Agartha. I don’t believe most people shelling out that kind of money for the amp are using stock tubes (if they are they probably shouldn’t as that’d just barely scratching the surface of what the amp is capable of)

If you compared Stock Agartha to Silver Fox, the Silver Fox would win handily. Even if you are talking ZMF dynamics. There is a world of difference between Stock JJs and ER300Bs even before you start really fine tuning the sound with driver rolls

That being said both amps have some serious magic and are capable of things I haven’t heard from any other amps, but they have different strengths for sure.

Silver Fox is the first Solid State that makes me wonder if I need a tube amp at all, but there is no substitute for the 300B sound. I’ll be keeping both but the Silver Fox has impressed me more than I thought possible.

I plan to do a more thorough write up in the SF thread at some point in the near future

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #40,692 of 41,057
"I Sing The Body Violectric" ....
IMG_7604.jpeg

[adapted from Walt (not Slim!) Whitman]

Mar 26, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #40,693 of 41,057
Borrowed aic-10 from a buddy. This thing is the real deal.

Mar 26, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #40,694 of 41,057
I have looked at the Pictures.
Wow, wow...
Great collection and beautifully arranged. 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back