Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 5, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #38,956 of 41,463
Element DAC II+ arrived. That finally completes this chain. I wanted the best single-ended dac under 1k, and I feel I have it.
Everything is so... comprehensive now. So clean and clear, resolving, detail... the nuance, the rhythmic body of the whole: how everything is separate, yet fits together. Like a schematic in motion. Or a cross-section of a heart beating. Everything in the chain is so precise and revealing, and then the tubes are there to be like, "Whoa lads, lets keep this real. Relax that muscle for maximum power. Flooooooowwww and STRIKE." Hahaha, love it.
And it's SPACIOUS. The DacMagic 100 has a tendency to layer things up, trying to perform above its station, but it's not a wide stage. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Didn't work with the DT880.

PA050202.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #38,957 of 41,463
testing out the NEW Full Score One amplifier and Composer headphones. McIntosh D150 as DAC.

tempImageS0pN6w.png
How does that recommended input voltage of 1vrms work out?

Oct 6, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #38,960 of 41,463
IMG_4070.jpeg

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #38,961 of 41,463
Finally setup the HoloAudio stack. looking forward to lots of listening.

Attachments

• IMG_9023 Large.jpeg
    IMG_9023 Large.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9033 Large.jpeg
    IMG_9033 Large.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8980 2 Large.jpeg
    IMG_8980 2 Large.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8983 Large.jpeg
    IMG_8983 Large.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8982 Large.jpeg
    IMG_8982 Large.jpeg
    454.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 7, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #38,962 of 41,463
53240027311_7275315256_k.jpg

recently added the Innuos Pulsar and PhoenixNET, and moved the PhoenixUSB in from the lounge. the Pulsar is a very impressive streamer, quite a step up from SOtM and the MA3 built in streamer. although, I feel I'm not entirely happy with the stack on the right; am thinking of changing out the MA3 for another R2R dac and am considering the Totaldac D1 Unity. Imo, the MA3 is a really top tier dac that sounds great, but perhaps upsampling dacs are not for me.

The stack on the left is complete, or almost.. am still waiting on a pair of Atma-Sphere GaNFET monoblocks to arrive. I have always been curious about GaN amps, and the Atma-Sphere amps have been well reviewed; I've not read a single bad thing about them so far. I had previously tried my friend's AGD Audion mk2 GaN amps but it felt like they didn't have enough power/oomph and was a bit too polite and rolled off on both ends.

The Rockna Wavedream stack is rock solid, sounds fab, and the NET works great as a server/streamer/hqplayer naa. I would not consider changing those devices out at all. but the pièce de résistance is definitely the Cary Audio SLP-05 preamp. love the sound this pre brings to the table.. and it doesn't take long to get ready, uses commonly available tubes, and is surprisingly dead quiet despite the factory gain. every one of my hps sounds amazing with the Cary. super sweet highs and super low lows. the punchiness I get with the Utopia on this setup blows my mind every time.

Sorry for my long winded posts here. just want to share a bit of my audio journey with you guys once in a while.

Oct 7, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #38,963 of 41,463

recently added the Innuos Pulsar and PhoenixNET, and moved the PhoenixUSB in from the lounge. the Pulsar is a very impressive streamer, quite a step up from SOtM and the MA3 built in streamer. although, I feel I'm not entirely happy with the stack on the right; am thinking of changing out the MA3 for another R2R dac and am considering the Totaldac D1 Unity. Imo, the MA3 is a really top tier dac that sounds great, but perhaps upsampling dacs are not for me.

The stack on the left is complete, or almost.. am still waiting on a pair of Atma-Sphere GaNFET monoblocks to arrive. I have always been curious about GaN amps, and the Atma-Sphere amps have been well reviewed; I've not read a single bad thing about them so far. I had previously tried my friend's AGD Audion mk2 GaN amps but it felt like they didn't have enough power/oomph and was a bit too polite and rolled off on both ends.

The Rockna Wavedream stack is rock solid, sounds fab, and the NET works great as a server/streamer/hqplayer naa. I would not consider changing those devices out at all. but the pièce de résistance is definitely the Cary Audio SLP-05 preamp. love the sound this pre brings to the table.. and it doesn't take long to get ready, uses commonly available tubes, and is surprisingly dead quiet despite the factory gain. every one of my hps sounds amazing with the Cary. super sweet highs and super low lows. the punchiness I get with the Utopia on this setup blows my mind every time.

Sorry for my long winded posts here. just want to share a bit of my audio journey with you guys once in a while.
WOW!!!

Oct 7, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #38,964 of 41,463
Finally getting around to trying a 6SN7 driver (CBS/Hytron 5692) in my Agartha 2021 and wow! (RIP my wallet)

IMG_4072.jpeg

Oct 7, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #38,965 of 41,463
Finally getting around to trying a 6SN7 driver (CBS/Hytron 5692) in my Agartha 2021 and wow! (RIP my wallet)

IMG_4072.jpeg
That particular 5692 is a great tube !! [Also 😚 in Icon Audio HP8, LTA MZ3 …]

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #38,966 of 41,463

Awesome. Looks Amazing 😎

Oct 7, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #38,967 of 41,463
@Ripper2860 and @Wes S - I would love to finally meet you both in-person at Dallas CanJam!!!
On the 1st day of CanJam, I always wear my San Jose Sharks shirt, so very easy to spot me in a crowd :wink:

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #38,968 of 41,463
@Ripper2860 and @Wes S - I would love to finally meet you both in-person at Dallas CanJam!!!
On the 1st day of CanJam, I always wear my San Jose Sharks shirt, so very easy to spot me in a crowd :wink:
Awesome! I will find you for sure, and will be wearing a seafoam green ZMF shirt. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #38,969 of 41,463
Got to love a little early morning tube glow.

The sound is as heavenly as it looks. :grin:
no, i neither can stand tubes soundwise nor from an aesthetic standpoint tbh
tubes+sats.jpg
Took my tube buffer preamp w/ Voskhod tubes, and added it to my analog feed to my new 2.1 sats. And added a Snek.
Got some right angle RCA adapters so the 3 plugs stop tipping the sat forward.
what is this? cannot see any headphone or even an input for headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back