Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 20, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #35,236 of 41,467
Your setup is well organised and visually stunning! What is in the leftside drawer cabinet?🤔
Thanks jonathan C. You’re basically seeing the corner of the living room my wife allows me to claim as my territory provided it remains reasonably organized and dust free. The drawers hold headphone cables, adapters, a couple usb charge cords, etc.

Nov 20, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #35,237 of 41,467
Nov 20, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #35,238 of 41,467
Nov 20, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #35,239 of 41,467
Condensed things. Stopped caring for the sound of the TA-01b. And the Mullard in the MT-603 was making the HD 599 too warm. So.
RFT goes in the tube buffer. Perfect. And the TA-01b gets retired. Permanently.

313049062_648262580277247_2585740260772371775_n.jpg

Nov 20, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #35,240 of 41,467
Nov 20, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #35,243 of 41,467
Nov 20, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #35,244 of 41,467
Sp the Spirit Torino Valkyria is the best dynamic for bass?
To my ears and my personal opinion, yes! Besides, it is really not just the best bass, but also resolution and many aspects as well. Valkyria is THE ONE and best match for dCS Lina stack ( even the dCS folks at Canjam SoCal agree with me). I haven’t listened to it via my Riviera though but I suppose the synergy must be good between the dynamic monster to the smooth riviera sound. Would love to hear the sound impression from the user and owner @simorag. @simorag just inspired me for another great synergy with my system!

PS. I am also super impressed by Spirit’s own solid and dynamic sounding amp. I can totally imagine that amp be more amazing with cans as Hifiman and Audeze.

In my humble opinion, their headphones could stand toe to toe and even slay so many big names out there in the market. I think American audiophiles will love that big, masculine, dynamic Italian sound after hearing it in the RIGHT systems.

Compared to DACs and cables, I think the price of headphones is more apportionate to their performances, making the cans more worthwhile for investment. Yes Valkyrie even topples the price above my beloved Susvara and Stax X9000, there must be reasons for that from engineering, materials used, design, to the most important factor: the sound, to be explored myself!

Just found out the US dealer @justin w. for purchase, I am gonna try it in my reference system:
https://www.headamp.com/products/spirit-torino-valkyria

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #35,245 of 41,467
How do the Z1R and HD820 compare to the R10?
Sorry, am afraid I don't have the language to describe what I hear. I do favor the Z1R// R10 over HD 820 though. I like the overall presentation. I listening to all genres with very little heavy metal, if that says anything. Happy Listening!!!

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #35,246 of 41,467
To my ears and my personal opinion, yes! Besides, it is really not just the best bass, but also resolution and many aspects as well. Valkyria is THE ONE and best match for DCS Lina stack. I haven’t listened to it via my Riviera though but I suppose the synergy must be good between the dynamic monster to the smooth riviera sound. Would love to hear the sound impression from the user and owner @simorag. @simorag just inspired me for another great synergy with my system!

PS. I am also super impressed by Spirit’s own solid and dynamic sounding amp. I can totally imagine that amp be more amazing with cans as Hifiman and Audeze.

In my humble opinion, their headphones could stand toe to toe and even slay so many big names out there in the market. I think American audiophiles will love that masculine and dynamic Italian sound after hearing it in the RIGHT systems.

Compared to DACs and cables, I think the price of headphones is more in apportion to their performances, making the cans more worthwhile for investment. Yes Valkyrie even topples the price above my beloved Susvara and Stax X9000, there might be reasons for that from engineering, materials used, design, to the most important factor: the sound!

Just found out the US dealer @justin w. for purchase, I am gonna try it in my reference system:
https://www.headamp.com/products/spirit-torino-valkyria

The Valkyria sound presentation has a very strong foundation between the lower midrange and the bass, which provides an hefty, succulent, masculine signature. Their other pièce de resistance is the most lifelike macrodynamics I ever experienced via headphones.

They synergize very well with upstream chains that provide clarity, control, transparency, finesse, speed, otherwise they can sound veiled, relatively closed-in, even boomy in the worst case.

The AIC-10 excels at the same things the Valkyria does, therefore in order not to overdo muscularity at the expense of articulation, the source and DAC are crucial. My key finding was the G73-R preamp tube for the Riviera, which made the sonic pairing click so well that it has become my daily driver since.

I have tried the Valkyria with the Lina system and was greatly impressed by the - admittedly short - audition. When I tried the album below (one of my go-to demo discs) the dCS gear particularily stroke me.

1668968510728.png

With the dCS you have liquidity, poise, resolution, whereas the AIC-10 gives you scale, drama, density.

Pick your (expensive) poison :sweat_smile:

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #35,248 of 41,467
Nov 20, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #35,249 of 41,467
At least for me, "End of Sanity" will precede both...
This sanity you speak of, is nothing more than a distant memory at this point...

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #35,250 of 41,467
The Valkyria sound presentation has a very strong foundation between the lower midrange and the bass, which provides an hefty, succulent, masculine signature. Their other pièce de resistance is the most lifelike macrodynamics I ever experienced via headphones.

They synergize very well with upstream chains that provide clarity, control, transparency, finesse, speed, otherwise they can sound veiled, relatively closed-in, even boomy in the worst case.

The AIC-10 excels at the same things the Valkyria does, therefore in order not to overdo muscularity at the expense of articulation, the source and DAC are crucial. My key finding was the G73-R preamp tube for the Riviera, which made the sonic pairing click so well that it has become my daily driver since.

I have tried the Valkyria with the Lina system and was greatly impressed by the - admittedly short - audition. When I tried the album below (one of my go-to demo discs) the dCS gear particularily stroke me.

With the dCS you have liquidity, poise, resolution, whereas the AIC-10 gives you scale, drama, density.

Pick your (expensive) poison :sweat_smile:
Very comprehensive and valuable information shared! Largely appreciated!

I am also thinking of driving it with Esoteric headphone amplifier with Soulnote X3 Master Clock as my reference system for dynamic cans that is close to DCS Lina stack with the features you mentioned:)

I hear you and feel you in that Valkyria is sooooooo good with classical music with a clean and transparent setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back