Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 4, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #34,381 of 41,454
I'd just leave Susvara on the table on top of a felt mat. Hanging it by the metal part will one day scratch the metal. :)
It's steel, if anything it will scratch aluminum WooAudio stand, leaving on the table puts stress on leather strap, reason some older HE-1000 have it flopping around.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #34,382 of 41,454
BHSE with Mullard NOS EL34 XF2 and Titan Labs Helen Jitter Purifier on my new RTI Audio Rack.
IMG20220903231744.jpg

Sep 4, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #34,383 of 41,454
BHSE with Mullard NOS EL34 XF2 and Titan Labs Helen Jitter Purifier on my new RTI Audio Rack.
IMG20220903231744.jpg
I love EL34s. Years ago I had amps w/8 of them, 4 per channel (I alternated w/KT88s, but EL34s sounded so perfect).

That amp must be a lot of power...

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #34,384 of 41,454
Nice on all respects! Great your kids respect your space. I have to do a rapid bit of distraction when my toddler comes to "work" at my desk.

What's that keyboard, incidentally?
Topre Realforce TKL ANSI 55G in white/grey I love it :smiley:

Sep 4, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #34,385 of 41,454
I love EL34s. Years ago I had amps w/8 of them, 4 per channel (I alternated w/KT88s, but EL34s sounded so perfect).

That amp must be a lot of power...

I can think of Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP that use 8 x KT88 or EL34. I had that amp several years ago.

Sep 4, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #34,386 of 41,454
Brilliant! I'm looking forward to the day when baby waveSounds is old enough to play video games with me. That game brings back many memories, and awesome that your kids get to share your spot (respectfully). Now you just need to add an amp with two headphone outs and let them each choose a 'can for their gaming sessions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Love the keyboard, too.
After my son destroyed his very cheap cans (from his child-camera) -I repaired them several times-, I'm thinking of give to him my Superlux HD 668-B which I don't use anymore because of the comfort... A good pair of headphones to enter in this world, but my headphones are still untouchables by them... I don't want to find them playing with them...

Time goes very very fast, believe me... Enjoy a lot your time as a dedicated father (I know you are).

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #34,387 of 41,454
My younger kids (age 10 and 13 now) have had good luck with the Sennheiser HD58X and the Meze 99 Neo. Both are very sturdy, with easily replaceable parts (especially cables and pads), comfy, and sound great. It is tough when they are single digits though... not sure what to recommend for a 5-8 year old.

Keeping this relevant to the thread:

DSCF1218.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #34,388 of 41,454
Well, amp #8 arrived the other day (yes, psychiatric intervention sorely overdue). I have one amp F.S. here (Kinki Studio Vision THR-1), but this gently used Icon Audio HP8 MKII deal came up and could not be ignored. These don't come up F.S. very often (pictures below...excuse the pigsty desktop).

And now I see why they don't come up F.S. very often. Even with stock power tubes and a decent but not outstanding input tube, this amp sounds amazing. It has easily the best bass I've ever heard from a tube amp. It goes lower, hits harder, and conveys tonal nuances in the bass far better than any other tube amp I've heard. I haven't lived with any of the big transformer-couple amps many here have, but I've heard a number of them at shows. This bass is crazy good. The rest of the frequencies are quite good, as well; plus the usual 3D note thing and extra space in the soundstage that tube amps do.

With aid from @geoffalter11, who also owns one of these, tube rolling will soon commence, and I suspect everything I like about this amp will get even better. We've had fun PM'ing about this remarkable little amp. It certainly doesn't hurt that it's such a handsome design.

P1010553.JPG

P1010554.JPG
Congrats! What a beautiful amp!

Sep 5, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #34,395 of 41,454
CSC_0029.JPG

Blast from the past here...

2xV281... what an embarassment of riches :)

What's your take on the Icon headamp? I looked into years ago and at the time, without being able to hear or get my hands on one, I wrote it off as another lowball Chinese amp being sold as English... but from recent comments it looks like it has some fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back