Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #33,167 of 41,106
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #33,168 of 41,106
Battle of titans My attatchment to r2r or ring DAC technology over conventional ready made DAC chips.
The just sounded fuller and smoother but just as detailed.

Esoteric N-05XD and Holo May.
Modern streaming DACs provides a more compact solution. Did I mention the silver mental work and engraved Esoteric logo is at a historical artifacts level.

A compact streaming DAC with preamp function actually saved up a few extra box includes the streamer, DDC USB box, power bricks. Less things to worry about.
IMG_20220609_164726.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #33,169 of 41,106
Holy cow that's beautiful, change the computer for an iMac and id never leave the desk with a view like that...

I was thinking along the lines of saying he should ditch the monitor and use a tablet! Nothing should get in the way of that view...

Jun 10, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #33,176 of 41,106
Jun 11, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #33,179 of 41,106
So, who's gonna be the first to add one of these to their station?
https://newatlas.com/home-entertainment/ikea-obegransad-turntable/
With USB-only power, this thing has the potential to completely redefine what are considered acceptable levels of wow and flutter! Presumably it’s a very low-torque belt drive system with a lightweight platter.

Frankly, we are talking 80s Amstrad levels of performance here (at best!)… I’m amazed it comes with a MM cartridge, rather than a ceramic!

It was a good idea (still is), and could have been done so much better. As it is, it looks like it’s going for the Crosley market.

I would have gone for a modern, minimalist design in the Dieter Rams idiom and dropped in a Chinese-made direct drive system… Something like one of the entry-level Audio-Technica decks in a nice package, with line level, headphone and Bluetooth outputs. It would have hit a different market segment, but I am convinced that the volume potential is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back