Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 31, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #3,256 of 41,285

Quote:

i have my eyes set out on a pair of hd 600 and d2000 as well, or maybe d7000s...hmm.

If you like the D7000s and HD6x0, then you will really like the LCD-2s.  I owned a pair of D7000s for eight months before replacing them with the LCD-2s.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #3,257 of 41,285
does the lcd-2 have better bass? (texture, impact, quantity, deep bass, etc?)

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #3,260 of 41,285
Do you collect any classic games like the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, 80s i think) or SNES, Sega etc? I might get into that soon...oh no, not another wallet eating hobby! XD

Edit: Also, on the iPhones, why keep all of them? I see the benefit of keeping the previous one as a backup but ehy all? iPods for different genres maybe?

Quote:
I pretty much collect games and Buy a new Iphone whenever they come out..
I'm in the market for a K1000 and after that either the LCD-2 or HD800

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #3,261 of 41,285

Quote:
does the lcd-2 have better bass? (texture, impact, quantity, deep bass, etc?)

There is a little less impact, but overall the bass is definitely of better quality.  I wrote a review of the LCD-2 with the D7000 as a comparison.

Dec 31, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #3,264 of 41,285
Do you collect any classic games like the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, 80s i think) or SNES, Sega etc? I might get into that soon...oh no, not another wallet eating hobby! XD

Edit: Also, on the iPhones, why keep all of them? I see the benefit of keeping the previous one as a backup but ehy all? iPods for different genres maybe?

nes systems are like what? 10 bucks refurbish or so. if you do metroid is the best. metroid is my favorite series besides zelda from nintendo. also use to love the megamen series as well. after X2 though i basically stop playing them. haven't seen good megaman game since legends.

also i would suggest sell all the iphones and ipods cause they all are horrible when it comes quality of the headphone jack. not the sound but the jack itself. my itouch i had i use my k601 on,everytime i move left channel cuts cause stupid jack. the adapter i use weighs less then a feather so it's not straining it. my cheap sony mp3 walkman i had never gave me issues with it's jack or any problems and that been kicked,stomped on,thrown,evrything and still functioning like a boss.

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #3,270 of 41,285

Quote:
I really like your setup! It is the epitome of simplicity, quality, and performance. Well done!

Haha thanks. Of course when it's actually all hooked up and sitting on my desk it doesn't look nearly as neat :) Does sound good though.

Quote:
Your thoughts on this setup?  It looks very nice!

Thanks! It's sort of hard for me to objectively say. Once I get into something I typically research then buy what I (hopefully) will keep for a long time with few steps in between (all the decent cans I've heard I currently own and are in my sig).

With that said; I think for me I've reached an excellent price/sound point and don't intend to upgrade any time soon. The HD600s continue to amaze me at how good they are at everything I throw at them. The Asgard has more than enough power (since adding the Bifrost I rarely go above 9) and is dead silent even all the way up. The Bifrost is...interesting for me, since it's my first proper DAC. Going from using my laptop's headphone jack to the Bifrost it definitely sounds better, but it's not the sort of difference that immediately jumps out at you. Things are just more detailed and clearer; I find I can much more easily pick apart or focus on specific parts of a song; yet at the same time music sounds much more properly musical for lack of a better term. I suspect being able to hear a lot more of the subtle little details really helps pull a song together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back