Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 20, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #24,721 of 41,129

Amazingly that effect is all created by his camera lens. He is actually very low to the ground too which changes the perspective. But your first clue should be the strange shape the amplifier faces are. Then the fact that all the shelves on the rack have a very funny shape where the far left side is noticeably larger and longer than the right. It’s actually quite interesting to me.........the extent of the photographs optical distortion. The placement of the rack in the photograph continues to enhance the distortion noted too. The fact that the top shelf has the headphones perfectly level in real-life is almost questionable, but of course true.

Ain’t digital photography wonderful? Not surprising we have to spend $$$$ on DACs and players just to get the music to sound right. :L3000:

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #24,722 of 41,129
Desktop.JPG

I am the world's worst photographer and I finally found a camera suitable for me :p

The gopro hero 7 black takes the crappiest stills possible. I thought my tablet camera was bad but this takes it down another notch :D

My desktop hell for now, severely in need of organization.

Jan 20, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #24,724 of 41,129

Amazingly that effect is all created by his camera lens. He is actually very low to the ground too which changes the perspective. But your first clue should be the strange shape the amplifier faces are. Then the fact that all the shelves on the rack have a very funny shape where the far left side is noticeably larger and longer than the right. It’s actually quite interesting to me.........the extent of the photographs optical distortion. The placement of the rack in the photograph continues to enhance the distortion noted too. The fact that the top shelf has the headphones perfectly level in real-life is almost questionable, but of course true.

I'm guessing it was taken with a moderately wide angle lens...say a 35mm lens in the 35mm camera format.

Either that or a 4 X 5 view camera and moved the back out of parallel with the front/frame.

Or maybe just played around w/a straight-up image in Photoshop, skewing it.

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #24,729 of 41,129
Let’s just call this a TEMP headphone station. @johnjen had pics of the his rig here previously, and I’ve had pics of my rig, but I had to post a glam shot of his PurpAmp from our Seattle meet on Saturday. Fed it 16/44 files via my Dante Ethernet XLR Yggy and sank into HEDD, Empyrean, Stellia, and Jmod 800 cans among others.

18F1A343-604D-4659-86A7-AEEAF2A7BC6A.jpeg

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #24,730 of 41,129
Let’s just call this a TEMP headphone station. @johnjen had pics of the his rig here previously, and I’ve had pics of my rig, but I had to post a glam shot of his PurpAmp from our Seattle meet on Saturday. Fed it 16/44 files via my Dante Ethernet XLR Yggy and sank into HEDD, Empyrean, Stellia, and Jmod 800 cans among others.

Looks like an interesting setup. I like the separate L-R volume controls and power supply(?).

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #24,731 of 41,129
Looks like an interesting setup. I like the separate L-R volume controls and power supply(?).

It’s a great listen. I’d call it an extremely relaxed presentation, yet very transparent, not rolled off anywhere. You can read all about its “growth” in @johnjen’s thread “...DIY’ers Cookbook...”.

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #24,732 of 41,129
Finally got a turntable back at the office. A cute little Technics SL-5.
SL-5/Ortofon TM14 -> Projekt Phono Box -> Bottlehead Crack -> Grado RS-1/Senn HD600
Also: Fidelia -> Yulong D200 -> Bottlehead Crack

rRkLF6d.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #24,733 of 41,129
XCbQdgD.jpg
q2PY5by.jpg

Condensed bedroom listening station. Depending on the application I've either got a pair of JVC HA-RX900s, a pair of Pioneer Monitor 10s and a (very clean) pair of Koss ESP.9s that I'm running. I have a Schiit Modi 1 hooked to a Denon PMA-750. If it looks cobbled together it's because it is. This fella's on a budget. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #24,734 of 41,129
Finally got a turntable back at the office. A cute little Technics SL-5.
SL-5/Ortofon TM14 -> Projekt Phono Box -> Bottlehead Crack -> Grado RS-1/Senn HD600
Also: Fidelia -> Yulong D200 -> Bottlehead Crack

rRkLF6d.jpg

Nice cube setup!
I want that clock!!!!! Please send details. :wink:

Thanks

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #24,735 of 41,129
Nice cube setup!
I want that clock!!!!! Please send details. :wink:

Thanks

Thanks! It's an ACHS-1 Panel clock from a Soviet Mig - my cousin in Belarus sent it to me, but they come up on the auction site all the time for ~$75-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back