Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 25, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #20,132 of 41,126
^^ Thanks.

The Marantz weighs 30 lbs. and while I know that weight doesn't equal quality, I smiled when I picked the player up out of the box.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #20,133 of 41,126
^^ Thanks.

The Marantz weighs 30 lbs. and while I know that weight doesn't equal quality, I smiled when I picked the player up out of the box.

You have some very nice equipment. May I kindly ask why you decided not to use a dedicated audio stand and then sit in a lounge chair or a comfy couch to listen, in lieu of sitting upright in an office chair behind a desk? Believe me, I mean no offence at all by the question. Coming from a different generation, I'm genuinely curious. More accurately put, I really want to know and understand, especially as it's so common here.

:beerchug:

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #20,134 of 41,126
You have some very nice equipment. May I kindly ask why you decided not to use a dedicated audio stand and then sit in a lounge chair or a comfy couch to listen, in lieu of sitting upright in an office chair behind a desk? Believe me, I mean no offence at all by the question. Coming from a different generation, I'm genuinely curious. More accurately put, I really want to know and understand, especially as it's so common here.

beerchug.gif

No worries... it's my home office and I work there - a lot. I have been thinking seriously about getting a real audio rack, as opposed to a table, but I started small and it's grown over time.

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #20,135 of 41,126
  ^^ Thanks.

My father would have disagreed with you about the weight .   
smile.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #20,136 of 41,126
Jun 26, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #20,139 of 41,126
  ^^ Isolation foam?

Yeah Matt, sort of.

When my external drive spins up there's a slight vibration that can be felt on the shelf. I can't actually hear anything but I'm a bit OCD about stuff like that so I cut up an old piece of packaging foam (from a PC PSU) and used that. It works a treat although the piece under the Mac is now the same thickness as used under the amp.

I'm hoping to get a piece of slate cut for sitting the amp on. I think the black slate will match well with the matt finish of the amp's aluminium casing. None of it is actually necessary you understand. It's just me
wink_face.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #20,140 of 41,126

Yeah Matt, sort of.

When my external drive spins up there's a slight vibration that can be felt on the shelf. I can't actually hear anything but I'm a bit OCD about stuff like that so I cut up an old piece of packaging foam (from a PC PSU) and used that. It works a treat although the piece under the Mac is now the same thickness as used under the amp.

I'm hoping to get a piece of slate cut for sitting the amp on. I think the black slate will match well with the matt finish of the amp's aluminium casing. None of it is actually necessary you understand. It's just me
wink_face.gif

I had the same problem when running a 5tb drive in a hot dock on my desk. When you would first access the drive, it was in a hybernate mode and getting back to 7200 rpm was always noisy. I used sorbothane footers to solve the problem. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #20,141 of 41,126

I had the same problem when running a 5tb drive in a hot dock on my desk. When you would first access the drive, it was in a hybernate mode and getting back to 7200 rpm was always noisy. I used sorbothane footers to solve the problem. 

good stuff !

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #20,143 of 41,126
Jun 27, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #20,144 of 41,126
My 445 has a new source : The Auralic ARIES.  It's a Very good server/streamer ! 

Next step: upgrade of my HUGO to a desktop DAC (TotalDac D1 ? AYON stelth ?...)

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #20,145 of 41,126
My 445 has a new source : The Auralic ARIES.  It's a Very good server/streamer ! 

Next step: upgrade of my HUGO to a desktop DAC (TotalDac D1 ? AYON stelth ?...)

That chair looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back