Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 22, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #18,436 of 41,202

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #18,439 of 41,202
Do tell all that fine equipment ya got there 
L3000.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #18,441 of 41,202
  Just re-organized the office corner listening station.

From left to right:

LD MKIVSE
Audio-GD FUN (A) (Sun OPA)
HE-300
SP MPX3 (6SN7x2 & 2C51)
Sony Vaio
DV 336SE
NuForce u-Dac (rear)
Fiio E07k (rear)

What is your favorite amp pairing with the HD650? I'm in the market for a new unit (mostly going back and forth between the Crack and Rega EAR at the moment), and would love to hear what you think of various amps that I haven't yet looked into thoroughly.

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #18,442 of 41,202
  Did you buy the velour pads aftermarket?what velour headphone did you use on HE-300?coz on that photo the pads i see is like the stock one due to its color 
bigsmile_face.gif
,does HE-300 have a strong and punchy bass?and does the mids are well textured to handle weighty guitar distortion for metal music,or its more suitable for listening female vocal(love the voice of Hayley Westenra for now
biggrin.gif
)?coz currently i doesn't have a full size cans for my desktop setup 
frown.gif
,how it compare to the DT880?
Thank's for the explanation

beerchug.gif

Hey indrameyz,

I purchased the HE-300 used from a head-fier and they came with velour and pleather pads.  Don't know if they are stock or not.

Yes, punchy bass but not overpowering, mids are delicious and they have handled various genres quite nicely (metal, rock, hip-hop, house, trance, dub etc.).  Vocals are sweeeeet indeed!

The DT880s are more refined overall with less bass and has the edge on the top end.  I'll take the mids of the HE-300 anyday..lol...
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

What is your favorite amp pairing with the HD650? I'm in the market for a new unit (mostly going back and forth between the Crack and Rega EAR at the moment), and would love to hear what you think of various amps that I haven't yet looked into thoroughly.

Hey ssrocks64,

Well, through the years I have plugged them into various amps.  My favorite amp for them that I own if I had to choose one to take to a desert island that has power for a year would be the WA2.
biggrin.gif
.............Next would be the Mapletree Ear+HD (it's not only for Grados)...
bigsmile_face.gif

The MKIVSE and DV336SE (fitz mod) are no slouches with 'em either and they sound good indeed but there's something about the WA2 and the synergy.

Solid state I would go with LDMKVII (balanced) and for SE the A-GD NFB-11.32.  The sabre chip in the 11.32 matches very well with the HD650s and really opens them up quite nicely.

I hear the Crack is a monster with the HD650s, but unfortunately never listened to it.

Cheers!

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #18,443 of 41,202
I stumbled across this thread a couple of months back now and i have finally caught up, ive pretty well read or at least skimmed over every single post. its been very enlightening seeing certain peoples "head-fi station' evolve over the time. My rig is still a bit of a work in progress, i thought i was done but nope, my wa7 TP has been shipped back for repairs, a big shoutout to hifiguy528 or mike, over at Woo audio for taking great care of me!. Ill also probably be picking up a GS-X mk2 the week after next as well. Anyway here is my rig as it currently is. Ill take some nicer shots once i get my final parts in. :)
Sorry about the bad quality pictures, i was expecting them to turn out better.. oh well, i promise the next batch will be better!

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #18,444 of 41,202
  I stumbled across this thread a couple of months back now and i have finally caught up, ive pretty well read or at least skimmed over every single post. its been very enlightening seeing certain peoples "head-fi station' evolve over the time. My rig is still a bit of a work in progress, i thought i was done but nope, my wa7 TP has been shipped back for repairs, a big shoutout to hifiguy528 or mike, over at Woo audio for taking great care of me!. Ill also probably be picking up a GS-X mk2 the week after next as well. Anyway here is my rig as it currently is. Ill take some nicer shots once i get my final parts in. :)
Sorry about the bad quality pictures, i was expecting them to turn out better.. oh well, i promise the next batch will be better!

Very impressive collection of gear.  What do you think of the Lehmann Linear, compared with the other amps?  I've been seriously considering one of these and I see you have phones plugged into the Woo and the Schiit, but not the Lehmann.  Are you still using it?

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #18,445 of 41,202
@HeatFan12 : seems to be yummy for under $300 :D
from your impression it can outmanuvering the dt770 80ohm which i found have a laidback mids on it (and the dt770 are spend a lot $ than the HE-300 in my place,even the dt770 are cheaper from the dt880 i still can't enjoy the laidback mids on the dt770 :frowning2: ) thank's mate :D

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #18,446 of 41,202

Very impressive collection of gear.  What do you think of the Lehmann Linear, compared with the other amps?  I've been seriously considering one of these and I see you have phones plugged into the Woo and the Schiit, but not the Lehmann.  Are you still using it?

See it is listed for sale so I think that answers your question! 
wink.gif
 I would also be interested to hear some thoughts on how they compare, especially the WA7 as that has been on my radar for a while. Had the BCL as well for around 2 years, before I decided it was a bit lightweight for the HE-500.

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #18,448 of 41,202

As its been said its for sale currently. I think i liked the way it sounded better with my LCD 3s then my mjolnir However not as detailed. Its definetly a good little amp but its past its prime. The wa7 only drives my HD800 and the M/G stack is for the rest of the headphones, i keep them all balanced another reason why i dont use the black cube. However im looking at buying a GS-X mk2 atm :)

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #18,450 of 41,202
Pretty.

Nice colorizing. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back