Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 20, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #18,271 of 41,888
@rev92

Damn that cable!  8 wire I'm guessing.  And it works for both your LCD and Beyer?  If so, very convenient!

Also like the headphone stands, where did you get those?

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #18,273 of 41,888

From E10 and HFI2400 to this 
redface.gif

Jun 21, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #18,275 of 41,888
^^Those LCD2's look gorgeous^^ Congrats and welcome! 

Jun 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #18,278 of 41,888
  ^^Those LCD2's look gorgeous^^ Congrats and welcome! 

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm loving these awesome cans!

Looking great!!!

How do you like the Audeze and NFB-28 pairing?

They pair very, very well indeed. The first thing that struck me with the combo is 'transparency'. The clarity is just on another level - you can distinctively hear the air both in front and behind the sound, thus creating this convincing impression that the you're not just listening to a wall of sound, but from 'imaginary' instruments placed around a room (or stage, song dependent).

In balanced mode, the dynamics are very high that they sound 'crisp/sharp/fast' even at low volumes - but at the same time can be unforgiving of poor recordings (My Chemical Romance comes to mind). Bass texture, upper treble details and soundstage width & depth are improved too. Lively and 'big' sound.

In single-ended mode the leading notes sound 'soft/rounded' - I'm guessing this is what you'd call a laid back sound. Sounds a bit boring compared to balanced mode.

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #18,279 of 41,888

They pair very, very well indeed. The first thing that struck me with the combo is 'transparency'. The clarity is just on another level - you can distinctively hear the air both in front and behind the sound, thus creating this convincing impression that the you're not just listening to a wall of sound, but from 'imaginary' instruments placed around a room (or stage, song dependent).

In balanced mode, the dynamics are very high that they sound 'crisp/sharp/fast' even at low volumes - but at the same time can be unforgiving of poor recordings (My Chemical Romance comes to mind). Bass texture, upper treble details and soundstage width & depth are improved too. Lively and 'big' sound.

In single-ended mode the leading notes sound 'soft/rounded' - I'm guessing this is what you'd call a laid back sound. Sounds a bit boring compared to balanced mode.

Thanks Kaizer-J!

Outstanding!!!

Cheers!

beerchug.gif

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #18,280 of 41,888
Overhauled my setup since last summer (and still just as bad at photography).

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #18,281 of 41,888
My station is finally complete! It's come a long way... When I move to my new place, I will be ordering Magnepan MMG speakers! Tell me what you think!

My system is:

PS Audio Power Plant P5 Power Regenerator (connected to the wall via Audio GD powercable) powers my computer (Monoprice Power Cable), Reference 10.32 (Pangea AC-9 powercable), Emotiva XPA-2 (Monoprice Power Cable), and my Subwoofer (Monoprice Power Cable).

Foobar FLAC ASIO > Belkin F5U219 rev.9 pci USB controller > Lacie USB cable > Audio-GD Reference 10.32 > HE-6 OR Yacco Solid Core Silver RCA cables > Emotiva XPA-2 > Energy RC-10 Speakers and BIC Subwoofer

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #18,282 of 41,888
Wow lots of awesome rigs in this lengthy thread!!

Here's my current living room arrangement.
Eventually will be All Rega.

Thought lid kick back with a nice cool glass of bulmers, dig out Phil Colin's In The Air Tonight LP And give the Rega Ear a proper listen, I bought it still new in its box and haven't had the chance to listen to it until now. Very impressed at the moment considering the SA5Ks are quite the demanding pair of headphones!

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #18,285 of 41,888
Nice!

Looks like you've added a Sony turntable to the mix.  Excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back