Shanling M30 - Concept announcement
Oct 9, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #241 of 386
Actually streaming and cloud are fairly new, and they are not meant or dedicated enough for music and high fidelity.

Sure, anyone can say that it is capable of blah blah...but even at this moment, there are so much into digital and it processing that can effect music quality, and yet, people/developers have not been serious enough to get high quality performances. Simply take an example of UAPP, Tidal or Quoobuz and you can hear the differences with good and sophisticated system.

The Best way is to directly Rip a CD at the slowest speed possible at the highest accuracy with the most minimized “errors corrections” and then listen from there.

So, in the end, I have to agree that a good memory storage is needed for these niche products. That means if anything that can have 1Tb is desirable. Look at PS5!! 825Gb and it is $499 with all the fancy designs!!!! Ways better than any so called “Niche Music Players” at the moment.

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #242 of 386
Actually streaming and cloud are fairly new, and they are not meant or dedicated enough for music and high fidelity.

Sure, anyone can say that it is capable of blah blah...but even at this moment, there are so much into digital and it processing that can effect music quality, and yet, people/developers have not been serious enough to get high quality performances. Simply take an example of UAPP, Tidal or Quoobuz and you can hear the differences with good and sophisticated system.

The Best way is to directly Rip a CD at the slowest speed possible at the highest accuracy with the most minimized “errors corrections” and then listen from there.

So, in the end, I have to agree that a good memory storage is needed for these niche products. That means if anything that can have 1Tb is desirable. Look at PS5!! 825Gb and it is $499 with all the fancy designs!!!! Ways better than any so called “Niche Music Players” at the moment.
Since the M30 supports cards up to 1TB I assume that it is a good start. Not sure if you are perhaps more aware of the challenges that come with huge libraries, as that seems to be part of it. (I honestly don’t know.)

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #243 of 386
Any new updates?

Nov 15, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #245 of 386
Nov 15, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #247 of 386
Nov 15, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #249 of 386
From what I've head, it is not due till March next year.
Well these DAC chips will need to be updated by then. Especially that AKM factory burned down.

Nov 15, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #252 of 386
By March next year, we will have akm5550 as a successor to akm4499eq LOL

Not anymore since they burned down the factory this in fact will probably push ess forward with sales I think

Nov 15, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #253 of 386
1 year later... Respect !
This project is dead.
To be honest, (ignoring the consequences of a global pandemic) I like that they are taking their time to get things done right instead of rushing things to get it done quickly. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back