Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Nov 27, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #31 of 500
Okay so I know this is kind of a newbie question, but my experience with wireless headphones is quite limited. 

So they connect to the base and you connect the base too a source, does the source matter? Can you use an ipod and get the same sq as from a high end dac/cd player? If so, these seem like a bargain! 

Nov 27, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #32 of 500

Quote:
Okay so I know this is kind of a newbie question, but my experience with wireless headphones is quite limited. 

So they connect to the base and you connect the base too a source, does the source matter? Can you use an ipod and get the same sq as from a high end dac/cd player? If so, these seem like a bargain! 

I think that if you use the analog inputs, then yes, its matter.

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #33 of 500

Quote:

The RS 220 is an amazing product, but it won't turn your iPod into a high-end DAC/CD player.

As KevinWolf pointed out in his post above, what you connect to the analog inputs should matter. I haven't done much experimenting with different sources into the RS 220's analog inputs yet, but will play around with that more, with time.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #34 of 500

Quote:

The RS 220 is an amazing product, but it won't turn your iPod into a high-end DAC/CD player.

As KevinWolf pointed out in his post above, what you connect to the analog inputs should matter. I haven't done much experimenting with different sources into the RS 220's analog inputs yet, but will play around with that more, with time.

All right. Thanks :) May pick this one up, it's cheaper than I expected! (where I live at least) 

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #35 of 500
I was wondering if Jude would maybe answer this question (fingers crossed) :)

It looks like you really enjoyed the Sennheiser RS 220. Do you think wireless headphones will become popular with consumers? And in a related note what are your thoughts on 50 Cent's SMS audio company? Have you ever heard the 50 Cent sync? Do you think they will help bring wireless headphone to the main stream? Will Kleer technology help distinguish them from other wireless headphones and help shed the bad rep they have?

Cheers :)

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #36 of 500
The RS 220 is back on Sennheiser's US website; the site lists no estimated availability, but just shows it as though it were currently available.  Also, as recently as just a couple days ago, Sennheiser's international website listed an ETA of January 2012 for the RS 220; now, that's gone, and it appears just like any other available product.  I wonder if that's an indication we will see it sooner rather than later.  Perhaps in time for Xmas?  One can hope.

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #37 of 500
Quote:
Do you think wireless headphones will become popular with consumers?

They have been for years, esp. in the the last 2 w/the advent of digital/2.4Ghz/kleer etc.
My RS180's have been very acceptable for casual use, gaming/tv etc.
Hard core music listening of course not, but for casual they're absolutely great.
I've paired mine with the Victor SU-DH1 (going to mod it soon), even better ;-P

The silence is killing me, gah! Need availability for Australia!  :wink:

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #38 of 500

Quote:
Quote:
Hard core music listening of course not, but for casual they're absolutely great.

If the RS220 is really as good as a "well-amped HD600," perhaps wireless cans might start becoming more popular even among audiophiles for more serious listening.  That seemed to be Jude's angle in his Youtube review: this is the first wireless headphone that can really start to hold its own against similarly priced wired models, and suggests the possibility for even better performance from wireless headphones in the future.  Of course, I'm just restating Jude's position at this point, since I haven't heard them myself, but I'm sure eager to.

Also, I stand corrected.  Sennheiser's international website is still showing an expected availability of January 2012.  At this point, I wouldn't expect them earlier anyway, since January is only a couple weeks off.  Who knows when they will arrive in the U.S., since there is no stated arrival date on the U.S. site.

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #39 of 500

Quote:
If the RS220 is really as good as a "well-amped HD600," perhaps wireless cans might start becoming more popular even among audiophiles for more serious listening.  That seemed to be Jude's angle in his Youtube review: this is the first wireless headphone that can really start to hold its own against similarly priced wired models, and suggests the possibility for even better performance from wireless headphones in the future.  Of course, I'm just restating Jude's position at this point, since I haven't heard them myself, but I'm sure eager to.

Also, I stand corrected.  Sennheiser's international website is still showing an expected availability of January 2012.  At this point, I wouldn't expect them earlier anyway, since January is only a couple weeks off.  Who knows when they will arrive in the U.S., since there is no stated arrival date on the U.S. site.

Wait, Jude's done his review? Can you pease provide a link!?!
International site saying January, probably means we'll be getting it Oz very soon: "rubs hands" ;-P
I've found we generally get it roughly the same time as the EU, but for some reason the US often has to wait longer.

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #40 of 500
I am waiting for it, Already sold half of my home setup
Jalyst still waiting for the best wireless headphones, huh...

Dec 27, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #43 of 500

Quote:
Hey,

I've got a question too...may be a stupid one, but is it a stereo headphone or is it a 5.1 whatever headphone with which I can watch movies too ?

Thank you,

Abe

Multiple driver cans are a joke, there is "some" positional advantage for gaming, if you don't care about a drop in the actual SQ.
Just use a HTRF algorithm (Dolby Headphones etc) to simulate surround via stereo headphones, just as good, & you don't compromise on SQ.

Dec 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #45 of 500

*bump*   @GiacomoHoldini
Quote:
Wait, Jude's done his review? Can you pease provide a link!?!
International site saying January, probably means we'll be getting it Oz very soon: "rubs hands" ;-P
I've found we generally get it roughly the same time as the EU, but for some reason the US often has to wait longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back