Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Oct 19, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #16 of 500
I guess that shouldn't be long.  According to that article it should have been released last month.
blink.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #17 of 500
Don't know where you're from, but in most european countries its been released. I saw a box on the shelves yesterday when I was buying my 650's.
L3000.gif
    They cost the same as HD600's.

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #20 of 500

Quote:
So does anyone know if you can use the 180 headphone with the 170 base?

Yes, that will work.  I have both units and have paired a 180 headphone with a 170 base.

As a side note that may not be an issue for your application, keep in mind that oddly, the headphones can not "forget" a base it has been paired with.  I have both the 170 and 180 and originally, had paired the 180 with the 170 base as well (for purposes of having both headsets receive the same signal from a source connected to the 170 base).  Over time, that proved problematic even when the 180 was being used with its own base.  I had scenarios where the 180 was being worn and receiving a signal from the 180 base and separately, the 170 was in use by another person receiving its own signal form the 170 base.  While I was moving around and encountered the edge of the signal, the 180 headphones started to drop out and, I guess because the 170 base signal was in closer proximity, jumped over to the signal from the 170 base.  Re-associating the 180 back with it's own base required power toggling on both the headphones and the base unit.  Additionally, the jump over created interference that briefly interrupted the signal from the 170 base to the 170 headphones.  This happened several times and was annoying.  So, I decoded to do some re-wiring so that the 170 and 180 base units could be physically connected up the same source with the thought that I would just go back to each headphone only being able to receive its own base's signal and control source selection externally.  The problem there is that once a headphone has been paired with a base unit, that pairing can not be unlearned.  Sennheiser Tech support confirmed this on more than one occasion when I asked.  Again, this may be an edge case, but it is worth mentioning.

Jeff

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #22 of 500

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.  That is a strange thing to happen. 

How do the 180's compare to the 170's?  They pretty similar in sound just more open?

I think they're pretty similar.  I do prefer the open design of the 180 as well as the softer padding over the 170.  I'm curious to see how much of a step up the 220 is and if they really did get that close to the HD600.  For some folks, there won't be value in the price vs performance but for those who want/need wireless functionality, they do sound like they may be a substantial leap forward.

Jeff

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #23 of 500

Quote:

I'm quite certain it'll be stateside relatively soon.  I don't know the final pricing information yet, though, or specific availability dates.

Sennheiser will be showing the Sennheiser RS220 at CanJam @ RMAF next week.

We have at the office what might be the only RS 220 outside of Sennheiser right now.  It very recently arrived, and, if I had to choose Head-Fi product of the year, this would be my easy choice (at this point in the year anyway, with still a few months to go).  It has floored everyone here who's heard it so far.

I will make a post with first impressions of the RS 220 very soon.

So any reviews anywhere yet Jude?
What's availability like for this thing worldwide!? (I'm in Australia)

Thank-you.

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #24 of 500

Quote:
So any reviews anywhere yet Jude?
What's availability like for this thing worldwide!? (I'm in Australia)

Thank-you.

No, no review yet, but coming soon.  I did make mention of it in the latest Head-Fi TV video, but the rest will have to wait until after I catch up with the second half of the RMAF video, and the video about the 2011 Fall Tokyo Headphone Festival.

As for availability worldwide, I'll have to see if Rosmadi can comment about that here, as I'm not sure what the RS220 release schedule is.

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #25 of 500
This engadget review mentions Q1 2012 availability
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/08/sennheiser-rs-220-wireless-headphones-hands-on-video/

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #26 of 500

Quote:
This engadget review mentions Q1 2012 availability
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/08/sennheiser-rs-220-wireless-headphones-hands-on-video/

I'll see if I can find out anything about that, more specifically.

By the way, here is a link to some photos we took of the RS 220.

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #27 of 500
Now its on preorder here in Norway. To bad my wallet is kind of drained. Price is not that bad either around 470$ shipped
biggrin.gif

http://www.dustinhome.no/sennheiser-rs-220-wireless-headphone/product/5010615119

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #28 of 500

Quote:
Now its on preorder here in Norway. To bad my wallet is kind of drained. Price is not that bad either around 470$ shipped
biggrin.gif

http://www.dustinhome.no/sennheiser-rs-220-wireless-headphone/product/5010615119

Oh man this is awesome I thought it was going to be around 600$.
Anyone know if North America will get these for around this price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back