Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Dec 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #46 of 500
i think GiacomoHoldini is referring to this (about 34 seconds in) even though it was posted way back on Nov 3rd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA7RIfpKSh8

not a review really, just a quick opinion

in summary:
-jude's "product of the show"
-jude's "product of the year"
-wireless with wired performance
-first wireless headphone he'd recommend as a primary headphone
-sounds like a wireless, well-driven, HD-600
-milestone product

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #47 of 500
It's not Jude's fault, but it makes me chuckle to see the product of the year not actually available for sale in that year.  I'm itching to get my hands on a pair of these and will order as soon as I can!

Jeff

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #48 of 500
FYI, just spoke with a Sennheiser USA sales rep and he said his system was showing expected delivery of units to the warehouse today.  According to him, unless there was some additional incoming delay or hold status placed on the product, it product should be unpacked, sorted and available for sale next week.  My assumption is that there would be some additional lag for availability by retailers (time needed to distribute from Senn warehouse to retail locations), but seemingly you could buy direct from Senn and get them a bit sooner.  

So, maybe just a week or so longer!

Jeff 

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #49 of 500
Wow... just watched Jude's comment about the RS220 on youtube.

I'm gonna not open the HD650 I just brought and hold off on plans of buying Schiit's Valhalla and Bifrost.  Hell I might even return the HD650.

I'm trying not to turn this hobby into "for the sake of buying stuff," and RS220 might just be the DAC+Amp+Headphone to end it for many people!

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #50 of 500

Quote:
FYI, just spoke with a Sennheiser USA sales rep and he said his system was showing expected delivery of units to the warehouse today.  According to him, unless there was some additional incoming delay or hold status placed on the product, it product should be unpacked, sorted and available for sale next week.  My assumption is that there would be some additional lag for availability by retailers (time needed to distribute from Senn warehouse to retail locations), but seemingly you could buy direct from Senn and get them a bit sooner.  

So, maybe just a week or so longer!

Jeff 

So much for that.  A call back to them today now shows a change in their system with stock availability expected at the end of January.  
frown.gif

Jeff

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #51 of 500
Sorry for the delayed response.  For some reason I haven't been getting reply notifications for this thread, and just happened to check in today to see if there was anything new.  Podaman got it right: I was referring to Jude's "quickie" comments on Youtube.  I'm not aware of a full review by him.  Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
I'm trying not to turn this hobby into "for the sake of buying stuff," and RS220 might just be the DAC+Amp+Headphone to end it for many people!

My thoughts exactly.  I was considering the HD 650 in tandem with the Valhalla, or maybe the Asgard, and just making do with the analog out on my CD player.  The RS 220 looks like a viable alternative, even stepping it up with its own DAC, and appears to suit my needs well.  After becoming aware of it, I completely reconsidered my buying plans, but the wait is a killer.

Quote:
So much for that.  A call back to them today now shows a change in their system with stock availability expected at the end of January.  
frown.gif

Thanks for the update.  I can't say I'm surprised, but it's still a bummer.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #52 of 500
I found and already preordered the RS220 from Crutchfield.  I've been looking and are so far the only retailer I've found that takes preorders here in the US.  Price is $599.99.  I'd offer my $20 off referral code but not sure if that's frowned upon here (brings the price down to $580 with free shipping).  

I can relax now and just wait for some hopefully good news from CES next week!

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #53 of 500
This could be an interesting product. I could see running a macbook into a dacport lx into this unit. Then you could use a ipod touch as a wireless remote, and take them around the house wherever you wanted.

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #54 of 500
Man you are right, but I think I will have a nicer system. So I have a NAS server, I ordered a Sony SMP-N200 network player (DLNA), and I am planning to get the RS220.
With my ipod and android phone, I can play the tracks on my nas server to sony smp-n200 which will output by toslink cable to RS220.
This way it will be 100% wireless, plus I don't need to use my computer the whole time.

Quote:
This could be an interesting product. I could see running a macbook into a dacport lx into this unit. Then you could use a ipod touch as a wireless remote, and take them around the house wherever you wanted.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #57 of 500
CES Press Release from today:

"The RS 220 will be available in late January and carries a street price of $599.95."

http://app.e2ma.net/app2/campaigns/archived/25524/4807955cff021efd54aae15efbfac97d/

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #59 of 500
Did anyone notice that rs220 and hd700 are the only 150 ohm headphones from sennheiser?

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #60 of 500
FYI - I tweeted John Falcone and got his reply on availability saying that the plan is for late January availability.  So, unless there is some additional delay that pops up, we're confirmed for month's end.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back