Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Feb 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #451 of 500
I've the RS180 and have the volume adjusted to be pretty loud (via the headset volume controls). I've had it on this volume setting for a couple weeks of use with no problems, but after that I could hear loud noise. The noise would go away if I lower the headphones' volume. So the noise randomly decided to appear after a certain period. Note that I'm listening to the same stuff so it's not the source that's the problem, can only be the headphones. What do you make of this? Anyone run into something similar?

I couldn't fix it so I ordered the RS220. Received it today and tested it on high volume, works perfectly with no issues. However, what's the chances of running into the same problem and noise suddenly decides to appear like it did with the RS180?

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #453 of 500
  I've the RS180 and have the volume adjusted to be pretty loud (via the headset volume controls). I've had it on this volume setting for a couple weeks of use with no problems, but after that I could hear loud noise. The noise would go away if I lower the headphones' volume. So the noise randomly decided to appear after a certain period. Note that I'm listening to the same stuff so it's not the source that's the problem, can only be the headphones. What do you make of this? Anyone run into something similar?

I couldn't fix it so I ordered the RS220. Received it today and tested it on high volume, works perfectly with no issues. However, what's the chances of running into the same problem and noise suddenly decides to appear like it did with the RS180?

Sennheiser has a pretty good service department.  You should have contacted them to fix the RS180s instead of spending hundreds of dollars on something new (and in fact, you could still do so).

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #454 of 500
What exactly does the "level control" on the back of the transmitter do? Does it change audio volume or the signal quality?

Do I need to play around with it to get best SQ or can I just leave it at default?

Does it do anything if my audio source output is Optical? It only says for Analogue in the manual.

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #455 of 500
  What exactly does the "level control" on the back of the transmitter do? Does it change audio volume or the signal quality?
[...]
Does it do anything if my audio source output is Optical? It only says for Analogue in the manual.

I belive it is an attenuator for the analog input only, and doesn't do anything with digital input (because it isn't necessary as described in the next paragraph). You can easily check this yourself by connecting one source to each input and turn the "level control" up and down while you play something from the selected input.

If I remember correctly, the manual says something about using the "level control" if the analog signal is too high and hence gives distortion in the RS 220. This isn't a possible problem with digital signals because they have a standardized maximum level (0 dBFS).

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #457 of 500
  I am using 10 of the RS 160

What do you mean with this statement? Do you have 10 units of Sennheiser RS 160?

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #458 of 500
I want to get some of these to use with my TV, will it be fine with a Digital Audio Out (Optical) from the TV into the RS220 stand?

My TV doesn't have any coaxial options!

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #461 of 500
  Is the RS220 discontinued now? If so, where will we be able to buy additional headphones?

Hi Sgt_Strider,

You may still get or order your HDR 220 from any of our offices. Click HERE for the link of our global offices.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jan 27, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #463 of 500
RS220 isn't listed on the Sennheiser product page anymore.

I wonder why they have been discontinued. AFAIK there is nothing in the wireless domain that beats them on absolute sound quality for music. Or is there? 

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #464 of 500
Concering the random interruptions (drop-outs) in the signal transmission, many users have reported here: I haven´t really found a solution here in this thread or elsewhere, but for all the RS220 owners, who still suffer of this - which I do on an unregular basis from time to time:

Today again this happened. All of the sudden, these little sound interruptions started. My WiFi-router is not located far away from the Sennheiser TS220 transmitter. Tried to move around the Sennheiser transmitter as good as I could, but no success, still the interruptions.

My WiFi-router is an Asus AC-66U with DD-WRT on it.

After switching off wireless on my router, i got cristal-clear hifi sound on my RS220. Switching wireless on on the router caused interruptions as before.

Rebooting the WiFi-router had the same effect: crystal clear uninterrupted signal during the reboot, then again the interruptions.

Finally I have found a pragmatic solution for myself:

The problem obviously lays in interferences on the 2.4Ghz band of the WiFi router and the 2.4Ghz transmission of my Senns...

My pragmatic solution:after setting up a schedule of disabling the 2.4Ghz signal during later evening hours, I have again perfect wireless HiFi during these hours. During the day, 2.4Ghz is automatically enabled to be available for older 2.4Ghz only devices in our home network.

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #465 of 500
Concering the random interruptions (drop-outs) in the signal transmission, many users have reported here: I haven´t really found a solution here in this thread or elsewhere, but for all the RS220 owners, who still suffer of this - which I do on an unregular basis from time to time:

Today again this happened. All of the sudden, these little sound interruptions started. My WiFi-router is not located far away from the Sennheiser TS220 transmitter. Tried to move around the Sennheiser transmitter as good as I could, but no success, still the interruptions.

My WiFi-router is an Asus AC-66U with DD-WRT on it.

After switching off wireless on my router, i got cristal-clear hifi sound on my RS220. Switching wireless on on the router caused interruptions as before.

Rebooting the WiFi-router had the same effect: crystal clear uninterrupted signal during the reboot, then again the interruptions.

The problem obviously lays in interferences on the 2.4Ghz band of the WiFi router and the 2.4Ghz transmission of my Senns...

My pragmatic solution:after setting up a schedule of disabling the 2.4Ghz signal during later evening hours, I have again perfect wireless HiFi during these hours. During the day, 2.4Ghz is automatically enabled to be available for older 2.4Ghz only devices in our home network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back