Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Oct 14, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #3,962 of 4,807
hi all, what are your thoughts on the ie900 with regards to its details? I’ve been on the search for an IEM with a detail oriented sound, so far the ie900 hits the sweet spot for me, but I am not sure if there are better options out there (more detailed). And how would you place the ie900 in your rankings in terms of details?

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #3,963 of 4,807
hi all, what are your thoughts on the ie900 with regards to its details? I’ve been on the search for an IEM with a detail oriented sound, so far the ie900 hits the sweet spot for me, but I am not sure if there are better options out there (more detailed). And how would you place the ie900 in your rankings in terms of details?
524 / 5 000

Résultats de traduction​

Hello I own the IE900, but also the Shanling ME800 and the Sony IER-M9 which I use on DAP Sony NW-WM1AM2 and Shanling M9, but also with Sony TA-ZH1ES with Pioneer N-50 AE audio/network player. I like these 3 IEMs because they are different (DD - BA - DD+BA). Also in terms of subtle details and micro details, I'll put the IE900 with original M size silicone eartips in 3rd position, the sound is excellent but not as revealing as the other 2, there is a little better with the cable Effect Audio Eros S..

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #3,964 of 4,807
I think the details are above average. They will always be something that has more detail but more detail is not always a good thing to me personally. I like how the Ie 900 strike a good balance where it has a lot of detail but not to the point where your ears is forced to fixated on the detail or to the point it’s distracting if that make sense. I have the andromeda and I think it has more detail than those also have the jh13v2 same deal. I also demoed the u12 for a while and the u12 has a little bit more detail but not by that much. Demoed the katana as well, perfer the ie900 in detail as well. Don’t know if your familiar or heard any of those but you can use that as a reference if you want

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #3,965 of 4,807
I am looking for a detailed, bright, and clean sound. Although the ie900 check my boxes, there have been other forums not talking about the ie900 (being a detailed iem). Most other high-end IEMs are either too warm or bassy for me, like Z1R or u12t or Empire ears odin, which are "Detailed" IEMs.

After upgrading to a Null audio cable and some EQing, the details on my ie900 seems to be abit more forward. But i am not sure whether the details stands out like in the "most detailed" IEM, Anole VX (from what I heard).

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #3,966 of 4,807
I am looking for a detailed, bright, and clean sound. Although the ie900 check my boxes, there have been other forums not talking about the ie900 (being a detailed iem). Most other high-end IEMs are either too warm or bassy for me, like Z1R or u12t or Empire ears odin, which are "Detailed" IEMs.

After upgrading to a Null audio cable and some EQing, the details on my ie900 seems to be abit more forward. But i am not sure whether the details stands out like in the "most detailed" IEM, Anole VX (from what I heard).
If the 900 strike all your boxes why does it matter what others say? They’re always going to be a headphone/iem with more xyz and no headphone is perfect. what happens if you get the anole, has the detail but missing something else you don’t like? What then?

I would see if you can audition the anole, maybe take advantage of amazon if there a pair there and if you like it then sell the 900 and keep the anole

Oct 14, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #3,968 of 4,807

I'm a bit surprised that you consider the EE Odin too bassy but not the IE900. The Odin's sub-bass is indeed pronounced. I find the IE900's to have overall more bass than the Odin. The 900s are too bassy for me when I listen to classical or jazz, but not the Odin's.

You may want to consider the EE Wraith which has no significant bass increase. The knock against the Wraith was that you needed sufficient power to drive the treble drivers. I find the Wraith performs nicely with the likes of the Mojo, PAW6K, AK's, etc. It is a luscious sounding iem.

I own all three. I use the 900s mostly for when I'm walking or doing chores. No, they aren't the detail monsters like the EE's, but they do quite nicely!! hth

Oct 15, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #3,969 of 4,807
I'm a bit surprised that you consider the EE Odin too bassy but not the IE900. The Odin's sub-bass is indeed pronounced. I find the IE900's to have overall more bass than the Odin. The 900s are too bassy for me when I listen to classical or jazz, but not the Odin's.

You may want to consider the EE Wraith which has no significant bass increase. The knock against the Wraith was that you needed sufficient power to drive the treble drivers. I find the Wraith performs nicely with the likes of the Mojo, PAW6K, AK's, etc. It is a luscious sounding iem.

I own all three. I use the 900s mostly for when I'm walking or doing chores. No, they aren't the detail monsters like the EE's, but they do quite nicely!! hth
While I agree that the ie900 is bassy, the bass does not bleed into the upper-mids. I haven’t tested the EE Odin in awhile but if I remember correctly, the bass tends to be boomy and muffles the upper mids. But using the “bass reducer” EQ setting on my iPhone (I’m using Apple Music), the overall sound of the ie900 is closest to my sound preference!

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #3,970 of 4,807
I've found out how to make it easier to use stock tips. When they're cold it's harder to get proper seal.

Just breathe on them or use fingers heat to make them warmer before putting earphones on.

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #3,972 of 4,807
Isn't it amazing how different volume levels affect the way the ie900 sounds?

I was listening to a quiet album and then then next album started, it was much louder, no track normalisation here.

The loud album sounded too harsh and just nasty too much top end and none of the smoothness in the overall sound I'm used to, I turned down the volume and the ie900 sound I know and love came back. :)

Oct 25, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #3,974 of 4,807
B&H Photo also has the Sennheiser IE Pro ear tips in stock (medium size only; the other sizes are still on backorder). $14.95 + $3.99 shipping for me (California). I ordered on Saturday and was shipped Monday.

Oct 25, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #3,975 of 4,807
Got M9 for IE900, working perfectly to me

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpeg
    IMG_0159.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back