Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Oct 29, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #3,991 of 4,854
Just confirming, are the IE Pro tips foam or silicone? From the stock tips, the foam fits and sounds best for me. Are there different models of the Pro from Sennheiser for different IEMs?
My IE Pro tips arrived today! Just in time, my last one were starting to give out.

Pardon the poor resolution, I'm hoping this will better illustrate what I posted before about removing the foam plug. Top tip is sans plug with the plug to its left. Bottom tip still has the plug.

If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of the IE Pro medium tips. First member who contacts me can have them for free (in the contiguous US)!!

[EDIT: tips have been claimed]

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #3,997 of 4,854
Welp, I posted the above just a few hours before I got an error when I was using the Chronos!! It said the Chronos was drawing too much power (not true) because of a "Bravo FW HD update." I emailed Fried about it; he replied that they are working on it. In the meanwhile, it's bricked. :tired_face::tired_face:

Not sure the source of the issue. I did update my iPhone to 16.1, but that was days ago. Just came up during a listening sesh.

So it's back to the TC44C. Still a great dongle for my IE900s.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Nov 2, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #4,000 of 4,854
Interesting. I also have been using a Chronos with the IE900 and my iPhone without issues.
When's the last time you tried it? This happened yesterday afternoon. I'm on iOS 16.1.

Is it a good option for someone who likes full sounds in mid and bass areas and a warm signature?
Not in my judgement. It's pretty flat across the board, no emphasis on mid or bass.

Nov 4, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #4,003 of 4,854
I'm just gonna link this gem of an album that really shows how much nicer of an IEM the IE900 is compared to my LDC-i3: https://album.link/i/1588387718

The IE900 really shows here with a low-end that reaches noticeably deeper, details that are a lot more crisp and bite and there's this much more expansive holographic soundstage that even the open-backed LCD-i3 can't match...

Nov 4, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #4,004 of 4,854
Quick shout out to @Audio46 for great customer service. They immediately offered to replace my bricked Chronos. And they're paying the shipping costs both ways!! If you're looking to buy IE900s (or any other product they carry), I highly recommend them!!

Nov 5, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #4,005 of 4,854
So the saga continues… Unfortunately, I am joining the ”Dead IE900s Society“. A couple of days ago, some little noises like sparking or crackling became audible every once in a while, on both channels, but not simultaneously. Now the right earpiece is completely dead. Those noises continue on the l.h.s., thus I am lead to suspect it might die, too. Of course, I checked for potential reasons, switch cables, switch channels, use my other IEM and my headphones on the DAP in use - nothing found. This strongly indicates that this is an IE900 earpiece failure, for now on the r.h.s. only, but for the l.h.s. cf. above.

Terribly sad! In early January 2022, I was happy to get hold of one of the last IE900s still manufactured in Germany (QC sheet and certificate dated Nov 2021). The warranty statement says 24 months (ok), and it says ”please refer to the warranty terms on our website sennheiser.de“.

This would seem easy, but there maybe is a little twist: I am the second owner, having purchased it from another head-fier here in Jan 2022, who had purchased it in Dec 2021. Coincidentally, he got it from a German retailer (official Sennheiser dealer) - I am in Germany as well. Today‘s Sennheiser warranty terms on the new website in my opinion are not exactly clear-cut regarding an automatic transfer of the warranty from the original purchaser to the 2nd owner; I don‘t know about applicable German law.

I am coming here to ask for your recommendations, considering Germany in particular.

What I think to do is the following:
- Approach the original German retailer, complete with his invoice / receipt to the 1st owner and the Sennheiser QC card / certificate.
- Explain the situation in detail.
- If needed, I could provide proof of my purchase as 2nd owner by the PayPal records.
- Await the reaction and hopefully appropriate actions.

Any other advice, please?

Thanks in advance for recommendations and advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back